Looking for advice on the Atlantis Bahamas resort

Subscribe
I did a search and came up empty. We have booked a short stay at the Atlantis for our upcoming anniversary, and I was wondering if anyone has some recent experience there.

We are staying at the Cove and have purchased the Cove and Reef meal plan (breakfast and dinner). I can read about the included restaurants on their website, but would love some advice on which ones to focus on for a 3 night stay.

I had stayed at the Coral Tower a few years back, and the Cove was not yet built, so I don't know what to expect. Looking at the restaurants in the plan, I did not find one of them that I remembered from the previous stay - it was in the base of the Royal Tower and was remarkable for the giant aquarium being the wall of the dining area. The property emailed me saying that place is gone now.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...d_Bahamas.html
Please follow as the thread moves to the Caribbean forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Thanks OCN, I didn't even know we had a carrib forum, and I've been here for 8 years.

I'm reading through the Tripadvisor reports, but I think most of them are by people who have stayed at the cheaper towers - Beach or Coral. I'm no snob, as I spent a week at the Coral Tower a few years ago, but the Cove did not exist at that time, so I'm trying to read up on any information I can find.
the cove is great, private pool all suites. Restaurants not impressive. did not find any I would consider gourmet
Quote: Thanks OCN, I didn't even know we had a carrib forum, and I've been here for 8 years.

I'm reading through the Tripadvisor reports, but I think most of them are by people who have stayed at the cheaper towers - Beach or Coral. I'm no snob, as I spent a week at the Coral Tower a few years ago, but the Cove did not exist at that time, so I'm trying to read up on any information I can find.
TripAdvisor has its own Cove section.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...d_Bahamas.html
I am reading Tripadvisor, but some people like to complain unrealistically, so all of the reviews are taken with a grain of salt.

Was hoping more flyertalkers would have some advice.

Is late October high or low season for the Bahamas? Are there a lot of cruise ships at that time? Last time I went, it was summer, and I didn't recall any massive amounts of day trippers, but not so sure about October.
Quote: Is late October high or low season for the Bahamas? Are there a lot of cruise ships at that time? Last time I went, it was summer, and I didn't recall any massive amounts of day trippers, but not so sure about October.
October is low season for the Bahamas because: a) the weather is nice on the mainland; b) kids are in school; and c) it's hurricane season.

It's also low season for cruises for the same reasons.