Suggestions for one way travel from SJU to STT

Subscribe
Hi,

Towards the tail end of our vacation ~ Dec 16, we will finally end up in SJU for 4 nights but need to catch a plane home from STT. Therefore, we need to go one-way from SJU to STT.

We are a party of 3; 2 adults and a 3 yr old. Possibly 2 large suitcases for checked baggage. It seems there is no ferry or boat charter service going from SJU to STT based on my research to date.

One way airfares are not cheap either:
1. Cape Air, being the cheapest is $110 one way per person. But, we're not sure if our 2 large suitcases will even be allowed on their tiny aircraft. Do they only operate Cessna 402 betw SJU and STT?

2. AA, being the best choice, since we're flying AA from STT to SFO. However, it's $145 per person one way. Ouch!

Can anyone help us figure out our options? Many thanks in advance...
Have you thought about changing your AA ticket to originate in SJU rather than STT? Change fee might be cheaper than a new one way ticket.
--
13F
Quote: Have you thought about changing your AA ticket to originate in SJU rather than STT? Change fee might be cheaper than a new one way ticket.
--
13F
Thanks for your reply 13F. I can't change the tix due to other personal circumstances too lengthy to explain....

Anyway, given the lack of other replies, it seems I am stuck with paying for the airfares.
There is a ferry service available.

edit: to add that it's from Fajardo to Charlotte Amalie, not from San Juan.
Why don't (if you can) break down your large 2 suitcases to 3 smaller ones? You're far better off taking that short flight than a 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hours rough sea ride with a 3 year old. And you won't be saving much (if any) money taking alternate transportation to your destination.
SJU to STT... another option is to take a taxi from SJU to SIG and fly Seabourne Air (flight times are inconsistent though.

http://www.seaborneairlines.com/
Quote: There is a ferry service available.

edit: to add that it's from Fajardo to Charlotte Amalie, not from San Juan.
Hi Victor, thanks for your reply. I did research the Fajardo ferry and it seems it only travels on certain days of the month. More over, it was described at least from the other travel websites.
Quote: Why don't (if you can) break down your large 2 suitcases to 3 smaller ones? You're far better off taking that short flight than a 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 hours rough sea ride with a 3 year old. And you won't be saving much (if any) money taking alternate transportation to your destination.
Yes, I figured by now that we won't be saving much in terms of taking alternate transport.

The other issue is the baggage as you had suggested we do. Yes, I think you are correct as we hope to rationalize the baggage situation so as to not incur any of the luggage fees:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...sp#baggagefees

It is now unclear in my situation; that I will be charged "double" per piece if we have checked-in baggage at SJU. I could explain to the AA check in counter (in SJU) that our flights homeward flights are from STT to SFO and hope they give us a break and not charge us double.

SJU - STT (one way paid tix per person)
STT - SFO (AA miles redeemed per person)
Quote: SJU to STT... another option is to take a taxi from SJU to SIG and fly Seabourne Air (flight times are inconsistent though.

http://www.seaborneairlines.com/
Thanks mkt. I was unaware of Seabourne Air.

I just checked their prices and they seem reasonable (which includes X pounds of baggage per tix). Will definitely look into it further.

Thanks again!
Quote: Hi Victor, thanks for your reply. I did research the Fajardo ferry and it seems it only travels on certain days of the month. More over, it was described at least from the other travel websites.
It runs twice a month, and not worth it under ANY circumstance. I don't know how it's still in business.