Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Curacao - Anybody been to Baoase?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Curacao - Anybody been to Baoase?

Has anybody been to the luxury resort Baoase on Curacao? Have heard the restuarant is supposed to be fantastic with great ambience, but all the reviews are on one site and mainly from new users. Since the resort is fairly new, some speculation as to if the resort owners/managers might be behind some of the reviews. Looking for an unbiased opinion here.

Also open to suggestions for other Curacao restaurants suitable for a special occasion that have good food and great ambience.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I don't think it was open when we were there last year. Or if it was, it didn't really register.

We kind of struggled with eating places on the island. For a special occasion, and for the venue and the ambience, Bistro Le Clochard right on the harbour front in Willemstad. We found the food varied between excellent and standard high end hotel food (the steak could have been served in any hotel, anywhere - the starter was excellent). It was very expensive - although restaurants in Curacao generally are, and it used a fair amount of important ingredients - and you are basically paying for the location. But the location is very, very, very cool. Service was excellent and fairly attentive as well. It's pretty formal.

The restaurant we liked the food in the most was out of Willemstad, on the main island road, Landhuis Daniel. An old estate house, the food was good, nice atmosphere, but without the fancy touches of Bistro Le Clochard.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions - I will check both of those out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.