Wiki Posts
Search

anyone keep Canadian memorabilia?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2002, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
anyone keep Canadian memorabilia?

and what's the oddest thing you've kept/pilfered?

I was digging through my files at work and came across my travel expenses folder from about 5 years ago. In it was a pack of u/g stickers - funny how you could use those stickers on just about ANY fare back then!

I also found a wooden mini-toothbrush with the Canadian chevron burned in the handle. weird stuff I accumulate.
Old May 4, 2002, 9:58 am

I still carry my last 3 years' CdnGold bag tags on my carry-on!

In YYC a couple of weeks ago I was browsing through the aviation souvenir store and they still have model airplanes for sale with the Canadian colours!

I just remembered that I sadly left a set of the old Executive Class socks I was given years ago on a red-eye YEG-YYZ on a flight on AC a few weeks ago!

[This message has been edited by PunishedEdmontonian (edited 05-07-2002).]
Old May 4, 2002, 10:55 am

I have some of the 'Proud Wings' Parker pens, luggage tags, ticket jackets. I also have a big stack of the in-flight magazines, lots of promotional materials, one of the blue blankets, old timetables, a tray table (kidding), a safety card (I didn't take it myself) and some fond memories.

[This message has been edited by makin'miles (edited 05-04-2002).]
Old May 4, 2002, 3:45 pm

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
Salt and Pepper shakers, kept in the car for when fast food beckons.

An old timetable.

My EP & Gold tags still on my carry-on.

Stewart.
Old May 5, 2002, 12:15 am

A Wardair serving tray, among the more usual collectibles.
Old May 8, 2002, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I think somewhere, I have old CPAir, CAIL and CP bag tags, most of my FF cards. Hardware: wine glass. a mug and 2 nut dishes. Various freebie items such as a clothes brush, amenity kits, deck of cards....
Old May 9, 2002, 1:48 pm

Any old worthless share certificates?
Old May 9, 2002, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

since Canadian Airlines was acquired by Air Canada in a take-over in 1999, the shares weren't technically, worthless.

near worthless though... certainly not worth tha cost of getting paper printed! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif
Old May 10, 2002, 6:10 pm

Programs: AE
Still have all kinds of CP and WD memorabilia haning around, including posters of destinations and even meal services (on WD).
Old May 11, 2002, 6:51 am
Suspended

I have a series of apertif glasses given to me on my last Canadia flight. Also have a F toiletry kit and my old FF card.
Old May 13, 2002, 4:41 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Tons of those J class amenity kits [I must at least 30 of them. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif]. Lots of menus. 747, 767 & DC-10 model planes sitting on my desk back in YYZ. Collections of FF cards as well.

No upgrade stickers left for me as I mailed them all back for points towards the end of CPlus.
Old May 13, 2002, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
No upgrade stickers left for me as I mailed them all back for points towards the end of CPlus.</font>
and if I had only known you or this website back then, I wouldn't have any on hand either... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

Old May 14, 2002, 9:42 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Only ExP can do this so unless you were ExP, you didn't miss anything. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif
Old May 16, 2002, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
It's possible that a spoon and some salt and peppers might have somehow ended up in my place - I really haven't a clue how it happenned http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif Also have two models of 747's (Canadian and Proudwings) and a DC-10 with the employee signatures on it, old membership cards and membership guides too.
Old May 18, 2002, 12:05 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
I have 9 CP planes (including one Wardair and CP Air), a Proudwings 747 poster, some old boarding passes, a few timetables, news/advertising clips, and two CP plastic bags. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/biggrin.gif

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.