Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITN, what's going on?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2000, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
ITN, what's going on?

Ever since Amex took over ITN, I have found the site has become more cluttered and slowed down to a crawl, taking what seems to be forever to do a booking, or check availabilities and seating charts. More specific to my query here:

Wanted to do a week-to-go check on J-class availabilities on my flights to/from SYD next week to see what upgrade potential was at the 72-hour threshold. Using the J-class booking I get flights displayed as J7/D7, but when I try to book, the screen comes back with "unable" suggesting the flights are sold out.

How can this be explained if the initial screens indicate inventory in both categories of business seats?

When I checked a month ago, the front cabin was showing one-half open going down and more than 3/4s open returning. Suspecting my problem may have resulted because economy was oversold (which I suspected from posts from those who have already flown these routes and their experiences) and they were holding J/D open for upgrading purposes, I checked the back cabin and it is quite open on all segments, at least 65 seats on all flights.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?
Old Aug 1, 2000, 12:42 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Shareholder:

This has been the problem with ITN for a while. Sometimes when I try to check J class for YYZ - HKG, they will not allow me claiming "No availability". I don't have a clue as to why. I usually then go use the CPlus Interactive PC software to check.

If you don't have that software and would like me to check the status of the J class for you, just let me know your travel dates, I'll be glad to check for you.
Old Aug 1, 2000, 1:11 pm

Did a quick search and found that you're leaving YEG/YVR on Aug 9 and coming back to YYZ on Aug 16.

This is what I found out:

YEG - YVR
I don't know what flight you booked on this segment, the closest CP metal flight I found was CP 647.
MAX # of seats available: 10/12 are available.

YVR - HNL CP 133
MAX # of seats available: 16, all the single seats are open except 2A.

HNL - SYD CP 133
MAX # of seats available: 16, Single seat 1A, 3A are still available. 5A is blocked off for pilots.

SYD - HNL CP 1028/CP134
MAX # of seats available: 18, Single seats 2A, 3A, 4A are still available. 5A is blocked off for pilots.

HNL - YYZ CP 1028/CP128
MAX # of seats available: How about this!! 23 seats are still available. 2A, 3A, 4A still available!!

It looks really good Shareholder!! Good luck.. hope this info helps!
Old Aug 1, 2000, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks for checking this out for me, Empress. I guess the chaos from heavy loads on the first weeks of flying this new route has dissapated. I will know for certain on Sunday afternoon, of course. Usually go for seat 4A, since as you note, 5A is blocked off (though not on LHR flights as I've noticed on the past three trips), but I'd settle for any of the singles if they are still open when I call.
Old Aug 1, 2000, 4:42 pm

They only block off 5A on long haul flights which in CP's case only couple qualifies. A few off my head are HNL - SYD, YVR - NGO, YVR - BEJ.

I think if you can get any single seat, it'll be a added bonus on top on the upgrade!

Good Luck!
Old Aug 1, 2000, 5:37 pm
ALW

Oh sure you guys, you're making it sound like I could go for the weekend and probably get upgraded! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

andrew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.