Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loyalty Bonus Points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2000, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Loyalty Bonus Points

On a more upbeat note: Can anyone please tell me which flight one receives these loyalty bonus points (50% at Gold requalification)? Is it the flight onwhich the 35K is achieved, or is it all flights after that flight? Or does the 50% bonus get credited for the miles traveled beyond the 35K qualification miles flown? (i.e. If one needs to fly another 2,500 miles to reach 35,000 and the actual flight flown is 3,500 miles, do just the 1,000 difference receive the bonus, or the whole 3,500?) Thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2000, 3:48 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Very simple Shareholder...

You get 50% Loyalty bonus for EVERY flight starting from the flight that takes you pass the 35K Q miles mark.
Old Jul 31, 2000, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
I had a look at my 99 statement and I got the 35K threshold on a MEX-YUL I was at 34470 after the first segment (MEX-ORD) and got my full 50% bonus on the next segment (ORD-YUL. In my case I got the bonus during the segment crossing at 35k and not after.

Old Jul 31, 2000, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks. All my old statements are packed away and I couldn't find out how it was handled in year's past. So I guess it will be my SYD-YYZ flight that gets me across the 35K mark, and will also get the 50% bonus itself (in addition to the double miles promotion).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.