Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Canadian Airlines Plus
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 23, 00, 10:15 am   #1

Earning CP miles on AA

Couple of questions:
1) Any idea how long it takes to get AA-earned points posted to your CP account?
2) Any idea how long you will be able to continue to do this?
I have much Latin American travel coming up in the next three months and it looks like I'm mandated to fly AA. Did a return to Bogota a week ago and it has yet to show on my CP account, though my number did appear on the boarding pass...
Old Jul 23, 00, 11:01 am   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
If memory serves me right, we can still earn CP points on AA flights until 31Dec. I think the opposite is also true (earn AA miles/points on CP flights until 31Dec).

FewMiles..
Old Jul 23, 00, 6:26 pm   #3

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton Gold
It has taken me up to five weeks to have AA flights credited to my CP acount--at one time I was told the tapes with the point info were not run by AA until the end of each month. Suggest you call CP or AA to be sure the points are still transfered, as somewhere I thought I had read that the point transfer could not be done after June 30, but I could be wrong on this one. Its worth a call to find out.
bj-21.

Jeff
Old Jul 23, 00, 11:14 pm   #4

For me, AA trips invariably post to my CP account 4 days after the flight, compared to about 6-8 days for CP flights, and 14+ days for AC flights. However, I believe that AA accelerates posting for elite members.

And yes, December 31 if the cutoff date. You should be receiving "qualifying" points until that time.
Old Jul 24, 00, 12:29 am   #5
Suspended

I have found when I travel in F or A (upgraded) the points seem to be there in 3 days. It has taken a month for some economy flights, though that could just be that I flew at the end of one month and the beginning of the next.