Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Canadian Airlines Plus
Sign in using an external account

Old May 27, 00, 2:05 pm   #1
YYZ

Programs: AC*E
Empress and Maple Leaf Lounges at YWG

Just thought it was interesting during a stop-over I had at YWG this week. Both the Empress and Maple Leaf lounges are open in the domestic area, which now does not have a division between AC / CP section. You can actually go into either / both lounges at there with no problem. Used to think the Empress Lounge was nice, but the new Maple Leaf lounge there is gorgeous.

Old May 27, 00, 4:54 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree that the MLL is first class. But again, I am biased..If the Empress lounge had windows, it would be fine. Wonder how long both lounges will stay operational? There is a plan to build someting on the west side of the MLL which could possible impede such a good view.
Old May 28, 00, 5:50 pm   #3

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
The Empress lounge in YWG is a dungeon. Even without the windows, it is too dark. I will try the ML lounge when I am there this week. Where is it in relation to the Empress Lounge?
Old May 28, 00, 7:28 pm   #4

Turn left after security and it is all the way along on the left, just beyond the escaltors descending to the Air Canada baggage carousel.