Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Canadian Airlines Plus
Reload this Page >

March/April Newsletter: Points will still available on certain oneworld carriers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March/April Newsletter: Points will still available on certain oneworld carriers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2000, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

Just got the March/April newsletter which contains some additional information I don't believe has been posted yet. Specifically:

1. Flights on Oneworld partners Cathay, Qantas and Finnair after June 1st will continue to get Cdn+ points, but they will not be qualifying points for elite status. Also, awards can still be booked on these carriers after that date for the foreseeable future.

2. Flights on AA continue to be treated as they are today, and points will qualify for elite status as well as redemption.

3. Lounge program/priority treatment for GOLD and EXEC PLATINUM will end on June 1st, 2000. (No details on AA lounges though.)

4. All partnerships with BA and IB end June 1st, 2000 and awards can only be booked up until then on these carriers, with travel completed by May 31st, 2001.

STAR Alliance membership is still being negotiated, so AC is only STAR carrier giving points and awards to Cdn+ members until then.

Some of this is new to me, but may not be to others...
Old Mar 21, 2000, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
I asked CPlus today about some of the specifics. They always seem to start with the answer "June 1", because that's when CP leaves oneworld.

Q: (me) Until when can I earn points on Cathay Pacific?
A: (CPlus agent) August 17.

Q: Do they count as qualifying miles?
A: Yes.

There might be something about having to book before June 1, but I'm not sure. Details, details.

FewMiles..
Old Mar 21, 2000, 6:32 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
On the March/April newsletter, and on their web site, basic miles on AC can qualify for EP/GOLD on CP. There is no mention whether the flights can go towards requalifying. That's important for me as I do a lot of short trips on discount tickets. I could never qualify based on miles.

For the lounge, if EP or GOLD or Empress member, you and a guest are able to use either lounge. I too am interested in AA access as I have award tickets in business class for a journey in August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.