Complaint go unanswered

Subscribe
I wrote a complaint to CP about a week ago and have gotten no response. A week might seem to be not too long but they usually response within a day or two. I specifically demand a response.

Just like Ken said, the race to the bottom have began!

I haven't been on CP for almost 2 weeks and will be for at least another 2 weeks... anything weird happening lately?

Empress
I have noticed a marked degradation in service since March 1. I have made 3 segments in J since that time, and each time it is worse. The last one on 3/10 YYZ-YYC included no washroom in J. Excuse was that they did not have time to clean it (aircraft had 1.5 hour turnaround).

Reservation service is at an all-time low. Phones go unanswered, agents are not knowledgeable of services, and reward travel is next to impossible to book. Gold priority line is not a perk anymore.
Haven't noticed that bad a fall off in service from Cdn. I've already noted the in flight clawbacks: preflight drink, French meal service...

But I've had my calls to the GOLD line answered within a few seconds of working through the menu, and had most questions answered promptly. (Am waiting for one answer about inequity of AC and CP crediting upgraded flights as 125% and 100% respectively, and thus actually requiring CP members to fly more than AC members to qualify for elite tier thresholds.) I've also had calls regarding changed flights due to sked changes.
Maybe I was being too impatient....
Got a email back today apologizing to me and they also said they will credit my account with "applicable amount of points" for the delay. I don't know what it will be until it shows up on the statements. I am pleased with that reply.

However, there is definitely a decrease in things we used to get on flights (in J) and the service used to get from EP desk... wonder whether the regular agents have been moved to the SE desk??
Or perhaps they're training the best first (i.e. EP deskers) in AC systems in preparation for a switchover?

Not to mention possibly cutting back on their hours and having fewer operators on, as a cost cutting measure.

andrew
I agree.

I recently came back from the South Pacific and had a connecting flight from Los Angeles to Vancouver on Canadian. At L.A. it's an American Airlines counter agent that checks you in. I tried to use an upgrade certificate for J class , he knew nothing about that and said he could not even check availability for me. He said I had to wait until someone from Canadian showed up at the gate. 45 mins before the flight someone who said she was a Canadian employee did show up and 2 mins before boarding I got my upgrade.

I was amazed that at an airport the size of Los Angeles there was no Canadian counter staff that I could see. I don't know maybe it's just me but when they can't put their own people behind the check-in counter at a large North American airport with regularly scheduled service to Canada... to me that speaks volumes.
The same happens at DFW, to a degree.

Canadian uses American agents that have been "cross trained" on CP systems. But, only a few agents have that training. That means you can only check in in Terminal A at the A19/20 gate series counters. And since that is the international terminal, the times are aweful.