Search

Canadian Potato Chip Flavors

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2008, 1:33 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Canadian Potato Chip Flavors

I was in B.C. last weekend and my S/O asked me to bring back some "All Dressed" chips. Of course I noticed all the other flavors that we don't get here, like ketchup, roast chicken, etc... so I bought a couple bags of Lay's Spicy Indian Masala chips.

I brought them into the office, and holy crap... they're like crack. I had to bring in the second bag today so everyone could get their last fix!

I may have to make another trip north just to buy some potato chips
Old Jul 24, 2008, 3:46 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
When my brother was in the states I used to bring him Canadian candy bars so he could hand them out in his office - Coffee Crisp, Aero and so on...

...and if you really want some Canadian "Crack Chips" try these:

http://www.olddutchfoods.ca/eng/prod.../zestytaco.jpg
Old Jul 24, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Ketchup flavor chips YUMMY.

I don't see dill flavor or all dressed anywhere else either but they have weird regional flavors in Taiwan too. Tried seaweed and miso (not too nice) green tea and something (not memorable)

Will be home in a few hours so now I have a yen to satisfy.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
For a truly fusion Canadian experience: Maple Pocky
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:42 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
Ketchup chips are SO vile! When I am doing presentations, I toss out Coffee Crisp chocolate bars for prizes. Once people taste them, I always get volunteers.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:45 pm

Programs: WN: A+, CP National: Exec. Elite. Choice hotels: Platinum Priority Club: Platinum
I spent a year in Montreal and "All dressed chips" are awesome. Every time I see someone coming from Canada I have them bring me back some all dressed.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 3:13 am

Conversely, I love looking for unique chip flavours when in the States. I usually bring back a couple of cans of Pringles with flavours I don't usually see here.
I also had a great time at the 100yen stores in Japan picking up various types of chips. The local T&T supermarkets have a sizable selection of imported chips but they're a little pricey.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
I've seen both Dill and Ketchup flavors in the US...

Try to find "Poutine flavor" in the US though.

JP
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:49 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
I always bring back a bag or two of the Old Dutch Sour Cream & Onion chips when I visit my parents, and occasionally some Buffalo Wings chips, too.

It's funny, since nobody here makes a big deal of it, and I get a lot of ribbing from my girlfriend about my "North American" eating habits... but she's usually a big contributor to the bag disappearing.

Sour Cream & Onion is a toss up between Old Dutch and Ruffles, but I can always find Old Dutch at the Co-op, so that's what I get.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 7:36 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by missydarlin
I was in B.C. last weekend and my S/O asked me to bring back some "All Dressed" chips. Of course I noticed all the other flavors that we don't get here, like ketchup, roast chicken, etc... so I bought a couple bags of Lay's Spicy Indian Masala chips.

I brought them into the office, and holy crap... they're like crack. I had to bring in the second bag today so everyone could get their last fix!

I may have to make another trip north just to buy some potato chips
Dang!! Those sound like they're tasty. Can I have some?
Old Jul 30, 2008, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by JPat
Dang!! Those sound like they're tasty. Can I have some?
If you want to go to the HGI by PAE this weekend, I can be persuaded to bring you some.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 1:34 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
If you want to go to the HGI by PAE this weekend, I can be persuaded to bring you some.

OK a good night's sleep has lessened the craving. Maybe I'll just go buy some Tim's down at the store and console myself that I'll be in YUL in a couple of weeks...

Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:19 pm

Programs: BA,LH,AC
Humpty Dumpty BBQ chips are the best. All other BBQ chips are garbage in comparison. However I still think British (esp. Walkers) potato crisps are the best potato chips going.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
My brother swears that the Heinz Ketchup chips are the best! Shame about the red fingers afterwards.

When the "All Dressed" first came out, it sounded like a factory accident where all the seasonings poured out at once..... which kinda sums up the flavour!
Old Oct 14, 2008, 11:34 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I was in Vancouver over the weekend and Missy asked me to make a "chip run" for her. The good FTer that I am, I went to Safeway because I get UA Miles for my purchases. As luck would have it, they were on sale; two bags for $5 CAD. Of course, the sale and Canadian Thanksgiving also meant that they were low on stock. I ended up visiting five (two in Richmond, one on Granville, one in North Vancouver, and one near Metrotowne) to stock up. I think I ended up with 20 bags of chips (Spicy Indian Masala, Curry, Ketchup, Dill Pickle, and Bacon).

Just my luck, the Customs Agent in Blaine decided to SSSS my car and ensure I was not trafficking any drugs/money/contraband/relatives from the motherland in the trunk of my pimping DTS. His only comment was, "those are a lot of chips, sir."

I gave Missy her allotment upon my return to SEA and then packed the rest in cardboard boxes and checked them in with UA as luggage for my flight to LAX. Wouldn't you know it, when I opened the boxes this morning, two bags had been opened with a love note from the TSA.

What an adventure; thanks a lot, Missy!

p.s. I also stocked up on Coffee Crisp and other chocolates as well; that one's for you, Bammy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.