Reload this Page >

African Lion Safari or Toronto Zoo

Old May 10, 2006, 2:26 pm
DH
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm planning for Toronto/Niagara Falls trip in July with our kids. Is African Lion Safari worth visit? I think there is only one post in TripAdviors.com on the safari so I'm looking for more input.

Thanks,
Old May 10, 2006, 9:39 pm
Suspended

I would go for Toronto Zoo. African Lion Safari is kinda dated now and not nearly as big.

That being said, it is kinda cool to get a picture of a monkey on your car and to have a lion come up to your window (if not stinking hot) and see what you are all about.

How old are your kids? They would love to be that close to the animals but it is nowhere near the size of the Toronto Zoo.
Old May 10, 2006, 10:46 pm
DH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
I would go for Toronto Zoo. African Lion Safari is kinda dated now and not nearly as big.

That being said, it is kinda cool to get a picture of a monkey on your car and to have a lion come up to your window (if not stinking hot) and see what you are all about.

How old are your kids? They would love to be that close to the animals but it is nowhere near the size of the Toronto Zoo.
Thanks, btw, they are 5 and 3.

I just noticed that National Zoo members get 50% discount on Toronto Zoo tickets!

Last edited by DH; May 10, 2006 at 10:59 pm
Old May 11, 2006, 12:28 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
I'd do both, but with young kids, I think they would like the African Lion Safari better! Toronto Zoo is huge, be prepared for a LOT of walking! Many exotic exhibits with enclosures replicating their natural habitat, but again, a lot of walking! Your young kids might get a bit impatient and tired after spending a day there, I know mine did!

African Lion Safari can be very appealing to kids, with a lot of interesting exhibits/shows to captivate their attention, the walking portions of the park are not too big. Take their bus through the safari portion, not your car, the monkeys are notorious for doing damage to your wipers and any other protrusions from your car! After seeing the animals, there is a nice waterpark at the Safari that I know your kids would enjoy on a hot day, mine certainly did, I had to drag them away! Just don't let them lure you under the tipping bucket!
Old May 25, 2006, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by DH
Hi,

Is African Lion Safari worth visit?
I'm assuming you are renting a car - make sure you have insurance - just in case.

Haven't been there in years, but I bet your kids will love it.

And, yes the zoo is lots of walking. Do they rent strollers?
Old Jul 10, 2006, 2:01 pm
DH
Original Poster

Hi,

I just came back from Toronto and Niagara Falls vacation. We visited both the Safari and the zoo. Regarding the African Lion Safari, we took the bus (as recommended here) and my kids enjoyed it especially the baboons. We took advantage of Hilton Garden Inn's package which includes 2 adults and 2 children's ticket for $177. http://www.lionsafari.com/hotels.asp BTW, the package turned out to non-refundable rate so we had to visit the Safari.

My only complain about Toronto Zoo is that I was turned down for 50% discount as a National Zoo member. The cashier had make a phone call but was told no. I should printed out the web page.

http://www.torontozoo.com/zoosna.asp
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/weblet.cfm...eList.cfm?vS=1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.