Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit time at YYZ: Asia to USA via YYZ

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Transit time at YYZ: Asia to USA via YYZ

I am looking at an award flight from Asia booked to YYZ. Unfortunately there is no award availability on my leg from YYZ to northeast US so I'm paying out of pocket for that and I can't combine itineraries. My flight lands at 4:45 PM (Canada Air), and the Canada-US connection (United) is scheduled for 7:27 PM. So I have slightly under 3 hrs to make the connection.

Is this enough time to clear Customs, pick up bags, re-check? I'm guessing no.

Never transited through YYZ, I usually fly directly into a Northeast hub but there is simply no award availability and with the fuel fees/taxes that ANA is charging it doesn't make sense to pick up the leg into the United States and catch my domestic connection.
Old May 13, 2017, 6:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Absent any delays or unforeseen complications that should be plenty of time to make your connection.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Because Air Canada and United are star alliance partners, can't the luggage be checked all the way through? If that happens, you will not have to pick up bags and you would go directly from the plane to US CBP...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.