Reload this Page >

YUL/YOW -> YHZ -- US restrictions?

Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH M+M

Hi,

staying a week in Ottawa and was pondering for another week around Halifax or NF. Given a simple map, the flight YOW->YHZ would cross US airspace.

I vaguely remember that the "full game" (paperworks/ESTA) like when actually entering the US would apply - or was that only right after IT?

PS: German nationality/passport.

Last edited by PAX_fips; Apr 30, 2017 at 6:54 am
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
I vaguely remember that the "full game" (paperworks/ESTA) like when actually entering the US would apply
Absolutely not. YOW-YHZ is a Canadian domestic flight and there is no US paperwork to be dealt with / immigration to be cleared etc.

Many Canadian domestic flights stray into US airspace every now and then - this does not change the passenger documentation requirements.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by airoli
Many Canadian domestic flights stray into US airspace every now and then - this does not change the passenger documentation requirements.
...however, if the flight crosses US Airspace the passenger manifest, including nationality details, may be sent to US Homeland Security.

Most passengers would never even know it's happened, however.
Old May 5, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gglave
...however, if the flight crosses US Airspace the passenger manifest, including nationality details, may be sent to US Homeland Security.

Most passengers would never even know it's happened, however.
How do they do that, if someone is flying on their driver's licence?
Old May 5, 2017, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH M+M
Thanks.. I think my memory came from people reporting flights from Yurop to South-America (where a potential emergency would require landing in USA)?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.