Wiki Posts
Search

New CBSA Primary Inspection Kiosks

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
New CBSA Primary Inspection Kiosks

Similar to the CBP Automated Passport Clearance. Apparently there will be a mobile app that goes along with it...

http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/pik-bip-eng.html
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
The mobile app should be on that webpage, but it is no where to be found. Not on google play store either. Sloppy pre-release testing at CBSA?
--
13F
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:38 am
Original Poster

It said somewhere on their website tha the app would be available starting 20 March. But yea they could have made that more clear...
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
The new eDeclaration app is now available for download of iTunes and Google Play.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:31 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Currently only usable at YOW.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: AS, FB, MB, MR, HH
In operation at YVR now. Painfully slow compared to the ABC kiosk, long lineups. Charter Rights being eroded one kiosk at a time.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by majik
In operation at YVR now. Painfully slow compared to the ABC kiosk, long lineups. Charter Rights being eroded one kiosk at a time.
Thankful I have NEXUS. Has anyone used the app yet? Asking for friends travelling to YVR who don't have NEXUS.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:43 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Thankful I have NEXUS. Has anyone used the app yet? Asking for friends travelling to YVR who don't have NEXUS.
No, but Nexus at YYZ is now just 2 or 3 questions and no more paper forms to fill.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
The Nexus kiosks at YUL have also had their software updated so it's only 2-3 yes/no questions now.

There are signs posted above the machines saying "Declaration card is mandatory" - these will probably be removed once the new process piloted in YOW is rolled out to YUL as well.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by airoli
The Nexus kiosks at YUL have also had their software updated so it's only 2-3 yes/no questions now.

There are signs posted above the machines saying "Declaration card is mandatory" - these will probably be removed once the new process piloted in YOW is rolled out to YUL as well.
Can you share what the 2-3 questions were?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:53 pm
Original Member

Duty was one of them. Forgot what the other one was. E311 is not required for NEXUS.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Duty was one of them. Forgot what the other one was. E311 is not required for NEXUS.
Thanks

I will enter Canada just for 12 hours layover then continue to Japan.
I plan to bring almond and walnut I bought at Costco here in CA and I'm wondering if those are prohibited to bring into Canada or not...
I definitely declare them if I take them in my suitcase, but if not, I won't take them in the first place.

If I declare food with NEXUS, will they send me secondary inspection and takes forever to get out???
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrJBoy
Thanks

I will enter Canada just for 12 hours layover then continue to Japan.
I plan to bring almond and walnut I bought at Costco here in CA and I'm wondering if those are prohibited to bring into Canada or not...
I definitely declare them if I take them in my suitcase, but if not, I won't take them in the first place.

If I declare food with NEXUS, will they send me secondary inspection and takes forever to get out???
Nuts from the States should be okay. They will not take that away. I am unsure if you will get sent to secondary as an agent might want to verify the declaration.

NOTE: if you use the international connection desk, you may not be able to access a NEXUS machine. Your best bet would be to go through Normal Arrivals...
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
Nuts from the States should be okay. They will not take that away. I am unsure if you will get sent to secondary as an agent might want to verify the declaration.

NOTE: if you use the international connection desk, you may not be able to access a NEXUS machine. Your best bet would be to go through Normal Arrivals...
I hope the nuts are OK.

I will be flying in from SFO, I need to stay in Vancouver over night, and then come back to YVR in the morning, so I don't think I will use international connection desk when I arrive at YVR from SFO, I believe.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:27 pm
Original Member

Nuts should be declare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.