Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Via Rail Quebec to Montreal to Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Angry Via Rail Quebec to Montreal to Toronto

Travelling in late October 2017 Economy Class on the trains and I understand that there is no luggage van on either of the trains.
We are coming off a cruise and have large suitcases to take on board the train.
Where do you put the suitcases? Is there an area near the doors where they can be stored?
Thanks for 'any' help in regards to this problem.

Warwick - New Zealand
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:04 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk, paste101!

I am moving your post to the Canada forum.

NewbieRunner, co-moderator, CommunityBuzz
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paste101
Travelling in late October 2017 Economy Class on the trains and I understand that there is no luggage van on either of the trains.
We are coming off a cruise and have large suitcases to take on board the train.
Where do you put the suitcases? Is there an area near the doors where they can be stored?
Thanks for 'any' help in regards to this problem.

Warwick - New Zealand
If there is no luggage car, you have to comply with the carry on baggage restrictions, which is one small bag (think airline carry on size) and one suitcase (max 18kg, although you can pay for additional weight up to 23kg for $20 each leg) If you have an additional suitcase beyond 1 per person, you have to pay for that as well ($30 each leg). The train compartments seem to vary, but the ones I have been on have had a luggage storage section near the doors or part way down the carriage. However, if it is a busy travel time (think long weekend) chances are there are more bags than fit in the area, so you find them strewn along the corridors as well. There is also, on many trains, an overhead rack for small items.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
Possible alternative: Orléans Express has an hourly bus that takes about 3 hours and allows two pieces of checked baggage and one carryon per customer. Max for checked baggage per piece is 34 kg, 60 cm x 60 cm x 90 cm, though you'll have to load it yourself if it exceeds 23 kg and 158 cm linear dimensions.
https://www.orleansexpress.com/en/terms-conditions/
Edited to add: Sorry, I missed the part about Toronto. This bus is just between Montreal and Quebec.

Last edited by Giggleswick; Feb 28, 2017 at 10:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.