Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Enter international concourse or domestic concourse with US Transborder boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enter international concourse or domestic concourse with US Transborder boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

I'm wondering if anyone knows what CATSA's rules are about accessing other parts of the airport. Though I'm specifically thinking of YUL (Montreal), maybe this applies to any airport with USA prescreening.

I am taking the train to YUL, with a 4-5h layover before a flight to the USA.

I have a Priority Pass and would like to visit the Desjardins lounge in the International departures area.

There are no Priority Pass lounges in the USA concourse.

I know time to go through security twice and US customs is not an issue, but will CATSA allow me to enter the domestic area with a USA transborder boarding pass? Will I need to explain why I'm entering the domestic concourse? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: AP 50k
Im fairly certain you cannot do that. the US Preclearance area is separate from the main area and there is no crossover. They aren't like different terminals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.