Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hotel at Niagara falls on points or free nights?

Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

I am planning a trip to the falls this summer, staying on the canadian side. I am looking at credit cards to apply for now to earn nights or points. But I would also like to know if any of the rewards programs will allow you to book a room with a view of the falls.
thanks
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by hanly2
I am planning a trip to the falls this summer, staying on the canadian side. I am looking at credit cards to apply for now to earn nights or points. But I would also like to know if any of the rewards programs will allow you to book a room with a view of the falls.
thanks
There are plenty of hotel options incl. several hotels which are affiliated with Hilton, Marriott and Starwood:

https://www.niagarafallstourism.com/sleep/
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Hilton is a much nicer property, IMO, than the Sheraton - I stayed at the Sheraton this weekend after a several year hiatus, and it was a bad experience (first room was hotter than hell, AC turned off, no opening window, dirty, broken, etc; second room smelled of pot, but at least it had a balcony with a door that opened so I didn't boil to death. parking situation there is a joke, and the starbucks charged nearly $8 for a latte!) I'm back to the Hilton next time, and the falls view rooms there have great views.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emma69
The Hilton is a much nicer property, IMO, than the Sheraton - I stayed at the Sheraton this weekend after a several year hiatus, and it was a bad experience (first room was hotter than hell, AC turned off, no opening window, dirty, broken, etc; second room smelled of pot, but at least it had a balcony with a door that opened so I didn't boil to death. parking situation there is a joke, and the starbucks charged nearly $8 for a latte!) I'm back to the Hilton next time, and the falls view rooms there have great views.
Ah thats a shame, because I was considering the Sheraton because of the waterpark access and SPG points.

Also the thing is I know there is hotels with reward options. But when I looked it seemed that you cant get a room with a view when booked by points, that was the original question if anyone had experience booking with rewards in a view room.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hanly2
Ah thats a shame, because I was considering the Sheraton because of the waterpark access and SPG points.

Also the thing is I know there is hotels with reward options. But when I looked it seemed that you cant get a room with a view when booked by points, that was the original question if anyone had experience booking with rewards in a view room.
You can absolutely get a falls view room at the Hilton with Hilton Hhonours points - it costs more points than non-view rooms, but is absolutely doable. I think it is called 'premium rewards' or something.

The waterpark, you can buy day passes even if you are not staying in any of those three hotels. Access is not free if you do stay at e.g. the Sheraton (unless you are booking a package, which presumably you wouldn't be able to do on points) you still have to buy a pass (friends we were with were not amused because what they had read made it sound like it was free access).
Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much. As hilton points are terrible value. I just applied for the Starwood card that will give me 25k. We will either stay at the Sheraton on the falls at 10k or the Four points which is only 4k per night
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I stayed at the Four Points back in the summer and while it's close to the Falls, I doubt many of the rooms have anything more than the tiniest sliver of a view of the Falls, if that. If you're intent on getting a room with a view of the Falls, you may have to look elsewhere or at the very least confirm with the hotel that you have a Falls view room.

That said, it's a nice hotel and a good value... I'd stay there again regardless of the lack of a direct Falls view.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by heraclitus
I stayed at the Four Points back in the summer and while it's close to the Falls, I doubt many of the rooms have anything more than the tiniest sliver of a view of the Falls, if that. If you're intent on getting a room with a view of the Falls, you may have to look elsewhere or at the very least confirm with the hotel that you have a Falls view room.

That said, it's a nice hotel and a good value... I'd stay there again regardless of the lack of a direct Falls view.
Yes, none of the hotels offer the Fallsview rooms with a rewards stay so I nixed that preference. The Four Points is only 4k starwood points per night and it looked nice and close to the places to see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.