Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prince Rupert airport (YPR)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2016, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Prince Rupert airport (YPR)

Hi. I am interested in getting some information about Prince Rupert airport. I already have some; however, I have some more questions that I was hoping people would know the answers to.

1) I know that the bus and ferry fare is included in the price of a ticket to and from YPR. However, what if one wants to go to the airport to buy a ticket? Since one wouldn't have a ticket in advance, would one have to pay a price in cash before getting on the bus downtown, and then the full ticket price upon arriving at the airport (which would include the price of the bus and ferry that was already paid for)? In other words, would one have to pay this bus/ferry fare twice?

2) If one arrives at YPR on a flight, but then has to make a baggage claim due to either damage or missing bags, would the bus and ferry wait until the passenger's claim is finished? Or would it leave without them?

3) If a flight is delayed departing YPR, at what point would passenger be able to request a refund of their flight (and therefore, get a bus and ferry off the island)? I'm worried about being at Air Canada's mercy regarding being able to get off Digby island.

I'll likely have some more questions later; this is all I can think of right now. Thank you for any help you can offer!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys. Still wondering if anyone out there has some information on the Prince Rupert Airport. Thanks!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
I think this would be your best bet, phoning those who run the service: https://ypr.ca/contact/
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
I think this would be your best bet, phoning those who run the service: https://ypr.ca/contact/
OP agree you should contact the airport directly.
It's been many years since I've flown into YPR. I did not have any issues with baggage (carry on only) so do not know what happens if you have issues with your luggage and miss the bus.
I recall that it IS possible to be a walk-on passenger on the ferry, but am not sure what options you have to get to the ferry dock from YPR if you missed the scheduled AC bus. But I do know that other than AC, there are other planes using the airport so there should be transportation to the dock. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.