Search

Global Entry and CBSA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
Global Entry and CBSA

Asking this mostly out of curiosity...

As a UK resident, UK citizen, I'm aware that Global Entry offers me nothing when entering Canada. However, will the CBSA agent who processes me be able to see that I have GE?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Most liekly not. I from the UK too but did my interview at a Nexus centre and the CBSA officer said to me that it's a US only program and will not effect me at all when arriving into canada
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:14 pm

No, GE is strictly an American program and they share no information with Canada.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: GE
It likely wouldn't help much even if they did, the most painful part of entering Canada for UK citizens is waiting in the long non-US/Canada passports line.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by amw3000
No, GE is strictly an American program and they share no information with Canada.
Exit and entry logs are now shared with Canada when departing and arriving from the US to other countries besides Canada.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kwflyer
Exit and entry logs are now shared with Canada when departing and arriving from the US to other countries besides Canada.
Canada doesn't generally care to provide non-NEXUS, GE members with special CBSA processing. GE status is generally not in the shared exit and entry logs.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 5:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Canada doesn't generally care to provide non-NEXUS, GE members with special CBSA processing. GE status is generally not in the shared exit and entry logs.
The trip logs that are generated by a GE kiosk are. And that was my point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.