Search

New potable water regulation for Canada. Starts September

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
New potable water regulation for Canada. Starts September

https://www.dlapiper.com/en/canada/i...ing-to-canada/

Every now and then I see discussion where people are concerned about the water served on board. Even if you only drink from the bottled water, coffee, tea, and the ramen cup noodles sometimes served are all made with the water on board.

I guess starting September it'll be a little better? Until then, don't drink the water..
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I have seen AC FAs refilling 2 l Daisani water bottles from the on board water system and using them for serving from the carts.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:11 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Canada Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
Is there really any reason to be concerned? Have there ever been any documented issues from on-board water? All the article linked mentions is some change in the frequency of requirements for water testing on board aircraft.

But then again, at home I cheerfully drink unfiltered tap water (on the road, varies by where I am). Seems there's a whole industry dedicated to people to whom the thought of that gives the willies...
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by montrealer
Is there really any reason to be concerned? Have there ever been any documented issues from on-board water? All the article linked mentions is some change in the frequency of requirements for water testing on board aircraft.

But then again, at home I cheerfully drink unfiltered tap water (on the road, varies by where I am). Seems there's a whole industry dedicated to people to whom the thought of that gives the willies...
Since this thread has moved to the Canada forum this is OT but I recall that back in the 1960s there was a lot of fuss over there being places in the US where the local water was not deemed up to the standard for use on aircraft.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Well, Canada does the hold the record among developed nations for killing people through tainted drinking water. See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker..._coli_outbreak

There are more than a few small towns across Canada where I would not drink the tap water.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.