Wiki Posts
Search

Romantic resturant in Niagara Falls, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Romantic resturant in Niagara Falls, Canada

Hello all,

Okay so i am gonna be in niagara falls canada with my boyfriend saturday-monday. (yes i am a gay man) I was wondering if someone knows or can recommended a nice romantic restaurant in niagara falls canada? maybe gay friendly also??

Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
For romantic I'd look more towards Niagara-on-the-lake than Niagara Falls. Used to take gfs there in college. Always worked out well for me.
Two men out to dinner should not be an issue even with romantic gestures but as always keep yourself aware.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...e_Ontario.html
I've been to Hob Nob and Two Sisters before.
While not gay myself when I was in college in Buffalo I went out to some of the gay bars with friends for their birthdays and such. I found the people to be friendly and it was an interesting but fun time so don't undervalue that option. Then again that depends what you and your boyfriend like in an evening out.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
I'd highly recommend making the trip to Vineland Estates:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restauran...n_Ontario.html

It would involve a drive, but the food is excellent and the wine pairings are very decent.

A slightly closer (and possibly more wallet-friendly) Option would be to dine at Niagara College. Standards are usually consistently high (remember, they are still technically students - although this is like their capstone work, so to speak) but prices are a relative bargain. The wine list is decent, includes some good local stuff, and some from the teaching winery - it's worth getting a flight and tasting them. The Niagara College brewery has a very good reputation, and you can sample and buy many decent beers to take back with you.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Sorry, forgot to include a link for the Niagara College restaurant (Benchmark):

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restauran...e_Ontario.html

I've been for lunch with friends (for my birthday, last year) and the restaurant area itself is a lovely setting. Just in case you may have been wondering if it was in the middle of a catering college building, or something
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd also suggest Niagara on the Lake, or one of the vineyards out that way. I had a lovely meal at the Trius winery last year with family, but there was lots of couples there too. I am not a gay guy, so I cannot comment first hand on the gay friendly aspect, but I would be astonished if anyone gave you a second look, never mind treated you any differently.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Oh by the way. In Niagara falls, on your receipt for anything it might say some ........ like something tourist fee or something. It's usually 3%. It's NOT mandatory. Ask them to remove it. Don't pay more if you don't have to
Old Jul 8, 2016, 11:12 am

Another vote for Niagara on the Lake. Vineland Estates is excellent.
And don't worry about being 2 guys out for a romantic dinner, it's pretty much a non issue here.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
One of my favourite restaurants was the Stone Road Grille in NOTL. Unfortunately it closed down not too long ago. The bakery next to it, Willow, is nice for coffee and pastries.

You may want to consider staying at a B&B in NOTL and see a theatre production at the Shaw festival for optimal romance. I had a wonderful stay at a B&B run by a gay couple years ago, and walking distance to the main theatre. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.