Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest miles from Midwest to Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2016, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Cheapest miles from Midwest to Vancouver

I'm trying to get my family of 7 from Sioux Falls, SD TO Vancouver for a Disney Alaska Cruise. Any advice on which airline would have best availability for so many people and be reasonable would be appreciated.

Sioux Falls has service from AA, Delta,United, Frontier and Allegiant. I have 500k UR, 300k MR, 300k AA, 100k avoid, 150k SPG. The cruise will be May 2017 so I'm guessing I'll need to look for availability a year out.

Thank you so much!!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Familyof5
Sioux Falls has service from AA, Delta,United, Frontier and Allegiant
Vancouver (YVR) is not served by Frontier and Allegiant, so they're off the table.

(You'll likely see replies suggesting that you consider flying to Seattle-SEA or Bellingham-BLI as alternates to Vancouver-YVR, but I suspect with seven people the cost of ground transport from those airports to Vancouver will mitigate any cost savings you might see by avoiding flying over an international border.)
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Fly to SEA and get a van service to take all 7 of you to the cruise terminal in Vancouver.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm trying to get my family of 7 from Sioux Falls, SD TO Vancouver for a Disney Alaska Cruise. Any advice on which airline would have best availability for so many people and be reasonable would be appreciated.

Sioux Falls has service from AA, Delta,United, Frontier and Allegiant. I have 500k UR, 300k MR, 300k AA, 100k avoid, 150k SPG. The cruise will be May 2017 so I'm guessing I'll need to look for availability a year out.
7 on the same aircraft will be hard. Suggest you split your party and be prepared to travel on different flights/days/carriers. Availability can change by the minute:- cannot be predicted.

These may not be up to date, especially for AA. In a few months time other ffps may(will?) change award cost.
They do not list taxes & carrier imposed surcharges. Does not include all airlines like AS.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...demptions.html
http://www.awardace.com/
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

So if I break them up into smaller groups does anyone have suggestions for best use of miles? Thank you
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
So if I break them up into smaller groups does anyone have suggestions for best use of miles? Thank you
As I said upthread, with a large group (even split up), in my opinion the best use is probably to try to fly straight into Vancouver.

IMO getting everyone into ground transportation from SEA or BLI will be a hassle.

So with that said, it simply becomes a matter of getting onto the various airline points booking sites and seeing what's available on the various carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.