Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

1 hour turnaround in YVR from US on same plane.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Coming from, and returning to the US on the same plane. Can anyone describe the process and likelyhood of delays around 2pm on a Friday? Could a large flight from Asia unloading just before me cause me to miss my flight, even though its the same plane I would be getting back on that leaves almost exactly 1 hour later?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:20 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k

Probably not a good idea. Not only do you need to clear Canada Customs/Immigration, you need to clear USA CBP too. Not to mention security. Its quite likely that your plane will be gone by the time you get back to your gate.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by braffy
Probably not a good idea. Not only do you need to clear Canada Customs/Immigration, you need to clear USA CBP too. Not to mention security. Its quite likely that your plane will be gone by the time you get back to your gate.
+1
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:39 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by GeraldHouse
Could a large flight from Asia unloading just before me cause me to miss my flight, even though its the same plane I would be getting back on that leaves almost exactly 1 hour later?
If memory serves, around that time of day it's multiple longhaul jumbos arriving at YVR from both Asia and Europe. I've been in the arrivals hall at YVR around then when it looks like old pictures from Ellis Island. No way would an hour be okay.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:52 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As this question pertains to a particular destination/airport, let's move this to the Canada forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by GeraldHouse
Coming from, and returning to the US on the same plane. Can anyone describe the process and likelyhood of delays around 2pm on a Friday?
If you're seated at the front of the plane, have have Nexus & Global Entry, no checked bags and good running shoes you *might* make it, but I wouldn't chance it.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: AA GLD
I wouldnt chance it plus you'd probably get interrogated at customs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.