1 h 9 min to connect BOS-YUL-YVR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 h 9 min to connect BOS-YUL-YVR?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Exclamation 1 h 9 min to connect BOS-YUL-YVR?

Hello,

We fly from Boston to Vancouver on Friday thru Montreal. BOS to YUL arrives at 6:51pm and YUL to YVR departs at 8:00pm. We have checked luggage and understand we must pick it up, go through customs, then drop them again, then through security, and then to the next gate.

Do we have any hope at all of making this connection? Seems unlikely...
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by apappone
Hello,

We fly from Boston to Vancouver on Friday thru Montreal. BOS to YUL arrives at 6:51pm and YUL to YVR departs at 8:00pm. We have checked luggage and understand we must pick it up, go through customs, then drop them again, then through security, and then to the next gate.

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

AC info for US-Canada connection is here.
This page says the MCT is 60 mins for US-Canada at YUL.

Normally you will make it, but the biggest risk you have is weather b/c the flight you are connecting to is the last flight of the day YUL-YVR. Watch the forecast. At the moment, both BOS and YUL are showing clear from Friday, but you never know. If you need to be in YVR for a cruise departing on Saturday, perhaps you should not be on the last flight of the day.
--
13F
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
MCT simply represents AC's willingness to accept the risk of a misconnect. It does not equate to SCT (Sensible Connect Time). That depends on what your plans are in YVR and what your options are if you do misconnect.

I sometimes need short connections because I have a tough schedule on both ends. But, unless I do, I would not book a connection so close to the MCT. This short a connection puts you one cranky jetway operator away from misconnecting and a middle seat on some other flight.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 6:48 pm
B1

Originally Posted by apappone
Hello,

Instead of assumptions, you can to flightaware and look at the typical arrival times of your flight and know the likely outcome. No sense telling you to take a different flight at this point. People are usually cooperative about letting others with a tight connection move ahead.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
It will be a considerably easier connection to make if you have NEXUS as well. That will speed up the Customs and Immigration processing time.

My instinct is that this is doable... but hurry. Don't dawdle a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.