Originally Posted by BlueMilk
Well that's too silly to be true...
It's why I never take the connection path in YVR
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:24 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's why I never take the connection path in YVR
Is that an option with checked baggage? I've always toyed with the idea, but been worried about getting to an agent and being thrown into secondary screening for bucking the system.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by BlueMilk
Your mistake was asking. Nexus includes Global Entry.

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-tr...l-entry-kiosks
Does anyone know if the reverse is true for entering Canada? I have Global Entry but am not sure I can use any expedited processing upon entry at YVR. To confuse things even more for me, when departing YVR, the security agents have given me conflicting information on whether I can use the NEXUS line if I have my Global Entry card with me (first time they said no, second time only if I had the card with me which I usually don't because it's not needed).
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by manico
Does anyone know if the reverse is true for entering Canada? I have Global Entry but am not sure I can use any expedited processing upon entry at YVR. To confuse things even more for me, when departing YVR, the security agents have given me conflicting information on whether I can use the NEXUS line if I have my Global Entry card with me (first time they said no, second time only if I had the card with me which I usually don't because it's not needed).
Canadian NEXUS holders get to use Global entry as NEXUS is a US/Canada joint trusted traveler program. You need to be approved by US DHS/CBP and Canadian CBSA.

Global Entry is a trusted to enter US program. There is no Canadian CBSA participation.

At US preclearance checkpoints Global Entry and NEXUS both head to the GE kiosk. At the security priority line the sign say NEXUS, NEXUS get your through for sure, GE carrying passengers is YMMV.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Absolute
Is that an option with checked baggage? I've always toyed with the idea, but been worried about getting to an agent and being thrown into secondary screening for bucking the system.
I'm sure dozens of nicotine addicts do it every day - Otherwise how would you get curbside for a smoke?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:23 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gglave
I'm sure dozens of nicotine addicts do it every day - Otherwise how would you get curbside for a smoke?
Excellent! Never thought of that, but I'm claiming to be a smoker next time if they say anything

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.