Wiki Posts
Search

Typical pre-clearance time in Ottowa?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Typical pre-clearance time in Ottowa?

I'm a US citizen attending a conference in Ottowa. I'm flying out on Friday evening and trying to minimize the time I'm hanging around in the airport since it's time I could spend with friends I only see once or twice a year.

Generally, how long does the pre-clearance take at YOW? I was planning to arrive 2 hours before takeoff, should that be sufficient?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by greggarious
I'm a US citizen attending a conference in Ottowa. I'm flying out on Friday evening and trying to minimize the time I'm hanging around in the airport since it's time I could spend with friends I only see once or twice a year.

Generally, how long does the pre-clearance take at YOW? I was planning to arrive 2 hours before takeoff, should that be sufficient?
Monday mornings are busiest and would require 2 hrs. On a Friday evening, 1.5 hrs is more than enough. If you do on-line check-in or have Global Entry, you could save another 15 mins.
--
13F
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Monday mornings are busiest and would require 2 hrs. On a Friday evening, 1.5 hrs is more than enough. If you do on-line check-in or have Global Entry, you could save another 15 mins.
--
13F
Cool, it's be Friday eve. Will only having a carry on help too?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by greggarious
Cool, it's be Friday eve. Will only having a carry on help too?
It will save a bit of time. If you have your BP, you can walk past the check-in counters. You will need to have the blue US customs declaration with you and filled out to get past the ID checker. Then you line up immediately for security screening. Watch the signage. There may be a differrent queue for hand-baggage only. I take the NEXUS lane.

After security there is a small duty free shop, a Tim Horton's, and a sitdown/takeout restaurant.
--
13F
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
It will save a bit of time. If you have your BP, you can walk past the check-in counters. You will need to have the blue US customs declaration with you and filled out to get past the ID checker. Then you line up immediately for security screening. Watch the signage. There may be a differrent queue for hand-baggage only. I take the NEXUS lane.

After security there is a small duty free shop, a Tim Horton's, and a sitdown/takeout restaurant.
--
13F

Thanks a lot, that's super helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.