Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. John's to U.S: transiting Toronto or Montreal

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

St. John's to U.S: transiting Toronto or Montreal

St. John's to either Montreal or Toronto, then on to SFO and RNO. Would have the choice of 1 hr. 15 mins. to connect in Toronto, or about 3 hours at either Toronto or Montreal. I assume the short connection would be too short for U.S. Customs and Immigration pre-clearance. If we go for the 3 hour connection, is there any appreciable difference in using Montreal or Toronto? We could use the Maple Leaf lounge at either, since we'd be in biz class, and I see the "transborder" lounge at Toronto has showers, which my wife would like, so leaning towards that (assuming we don't try for the short connection). These all show on the Air Canada Web site.
Old May 20, 2015, 4:13 pm

Play it safe - with the US pre-clearance, 1 hour 15 minute connection is cutting it close! The 3 hour layover would be much safer. Personally, I prefer Toronto as it is a larger airport, but Montreal has a nice airport as well.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
The three hour layover would be safest. The shorter one is entirely doable - I connected to DCA in about that time a few weeks back but it's down to your risk tolerance! If you have MLL access then killing time is more palatable. I would choose YYZ over YUL as a connection point as I prefer it as an airport. YMMV.
Old May 22, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I would do Toronto and take the 3 hour connection to play it safe. Make sure you don't miss the lounge as it is immediately after you go through security--take the elevators to your right.
Old May 22, 2015, 11:33 pm

Programs: AC P25
I had a nearly 2hr connection yyt-lax through yyz and after a short departure delay, madness at pre-clearance and some lengthy walking it was too close for comfort. (Last to board in a sweaty mess - FA got me a glass of water, in coach, because I looked so harried lol) I'd also choose YYZ as there are more options in Irrops and I personally prefer it to yul. Depends on many factors of course, off peak with no delays would easily work but depends on your risk tolerance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.