Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR experts needed- from YAZ to SEA??

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 9:34 am
Original Poster

YVR experts needed- from YAZ to SEA??

Hi everyone. Need some advice. In October I will be traveling with my son from Tofino to Seattle. Should I take Orca air or KD Air for the YAZ-YVR flight? Also how long do I really need between flights (we are US citizens and we have Global Entry), We will be checking bags. Need advice on navigating the transfer from the south terminal to our connecting flight (not sure if I should use delta or Alaska for YVR to SEA- which one has best facilities/lounge/terminal area?) Thanks in advance!
Old May 15, 2015, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I'd give it at least 2 hours for a stress-free transfer.

If the flight to YVR is by float plane, you end up at the south end of Lulu island at the float plane terminal. Time for disembarkation and baggage reclaim (watch your weight as it is restricted) should be measured in the tens of seconds. Supposed to be a shuttle to the main terminal every 20 minutes.

http://www.yvr.ca/en/navigating-yvr/...rough-YVR.aspx

If checking bags, I do believe you still have to check in 60 minutes ahead of departure of the airline may put you on standby (happened to me once having to check-in at airport with carry-on only at T-55).

I'm not sure if AS has a lounge in YVR anymore Used to live in the old CP lounge but I do believe it has closed. DL never had one in YVR (only lounge in the transborder area, AFAIK, is AC). All the same otherwise if you are flying down the coast as all the QX and OO (DL commuter) flights use the same remote tunnel that takes 5-10 minutes to get to.
Old May 15, 2015, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks - anyone have more info? It is not a float plane

Anyone have advice on orca vs kdair?
Old May 20, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by off2rome
Anyone have advice on orca vs kdair?
They're pretty identical - Similar aircraft, similar travel times - So just pick the fare and schedule that works best for you.

You don't say whether you have a car - Orca does have a shuttle that will pick you up and drop you at YAZ. Not sure whether KD does, but you could ask.

Both carriers arrive at the YVR South Terminal:

http://www.yvr.ca/en/flight-informat...-terminal.aspx

You'll claim your bags, at the south terminal, then board a shuttle bus which will take you to the main terminal where you'll check in again for your flight to SEA. I'd allow at least two hours for the connection.

Delta and Alaska are pretty interchangeable. Alaska will probably fly you on a turboprop, Delta likely a regional jet if that matters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.