Wiki Posts
Search

Entering Canada During Transit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, BA, 9W
Entering Canada During Transit

Hi, I am at PIT checking in for my flight to YYZ and onwards on HND. The agent just said I will not be allowed to clear immigration and customs in Toronto to visit my friend between my flights. Could someone please verify this information is incorrect? I am a Singapore passport holder and do not require a visa to enter Canada. My luggage had been checked through to SIN. Thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:21 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Of course you are - just follow the Arrivals signs, go downstairs and clear Immigration - beware that some Canadian Immigration folks are not very friendly. There is no transit without visa in Canada - you always clear Immigration - upstairs for transit, downstairs for entering Canada.

PS. I did it in August flying from IAH via YYZ to WAW.

Last edited by TPJ; Dec 17, 2014 at 5:27 am Reason: added info that I did it in August
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:20 am

Check-in agents are clueless about any issues related to immigration and/or security. You would be better off asking a janitor for information.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
SIN citizens can come into Canada without visa but you still have to justify your visit. It should not be a problem, just an FYI that YYZ airport is nothing like the beautiful SIN airport. Our airport here is a cold, unwelcoming concrete building.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
SIN citizens can come into Canada without visa but you still have to justify your visit. It should not be a problem, just an FYI that YYZ airport is nothing like the beautiful SIN airport. Our airport here is a cold, unwelcoming concrete building.
Compared to JFK, LGA, DCA ... YYZ ain't so bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.