Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking at YYZ over winter break

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Parking at YYZ over winter break

Finding parking at YYZ over winter break can be challenging sometimes. Generally, we prefer to park at the GTAA Long Term Value Garage because of the ability to grab a baggage cart and take it on the tram directly to the terminal - no lifting bags on and off shuttle buses, and its half the cost of the terminal garages. In the past couple of years, we have pulled up to the Long Term Garage to find out that it was full, and a security guard sitting in a car at the entrance handed us a coupon allowing us to park at either the T1 or T3 garages and pay the same price as the value garage. This has been ideal pricewise and for convenience, but added a few minutes to our already stressful time getting to the terminal.

This year I noticed on the GTAA website that they are allowing you to make an advanced reservation for a parking spot (not a specific space though) at either of the 3 garages (Value, T1 or T3) by paying for your expected trip duration in advance, plus a non-refundable $3 booking fee. If you need to cancel your reservation more than 24 hours in advance, they will refund the parking charges but not the $3 fee. Less than 24 hours, they will charge you for one day of parking and the $3 fee, and refund the rest.

GTAA Parking Reservations

I am going to try it out this year. For $3, I look forward to the piece of mind of getting a spot at the Value garage, although I am not sure how convenient the available spot will be!
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
YYZ parking options

I agree. Last time I parked in the value lot, finding a spot was a real challenge. Your best bet is late at night.
I have looked into free parking options. Not for the faint of heart, and definitely not for long stays, but here goes:
- at T3, there is a credit union opposite the 4Points which has open access. I parked overnight during La Nuit Blanche (mattress run) & did not have an issue;
- the Congress Centre (further up Airport Road) has huge parking lots and limited overnight activity. I parked there last year (near the CBSA facility) and - again - no issue. Behind the building, there is a GO station, which is another option!
- opposite the Sheraton Airport Hotel & Conference Centre (Airport Road), there is a road which leads to the highway. If you take it you will find free street parking on your right (I park at the bakery as there are many ees who also park overnight);
- my personal fav is to pay for an overnight stay at the Hampton Pearson Airport. The breakfasts are decent, and they give you a parking pass marked with your return date (last time, they did not charge, but if its 2 weeks, they may have an issue!).
If you have a buddy who works at one of the buildings on the airport strip, ask him/her if their office is closing and if so, can you use their parking spot! There are tons of spots, but most of them are signed as permit parking only.

The lack of free parking near YYZ is a bit of an issue. LGA has it, so does ART, OGS. One more reason to cross the border..........
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I've started using 3rd party websites such as Global Parking to park at YYZ hotels with shuttles. At $6 per day, much cheaper than ParkNFly and the GTAA lots. I m not in a hurry

Just make sure to choose wisely, pick the lots with shuttles on demand or every 30 mins, not the hourly ones.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I've started using 3rd party websites such as Global Parking to park at YYZ hotels with shuttles. At $6 per day, much cheaper than ParkNFly and the GTAA lots. I m not in a hurry

Just make sure to choose wisely, pick the lots with shuttles on demand or every 30 mins, not the hourly ones.
Also check that they run 24/7. Some are 6am-10pm or shorter.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:12 pm

Also check Groupon and Social Living, they sometimes have a room for a night and parking for up to 2 weeks for under $75. Just avoid SW Hotel, as their shuttle service is horrible and you wait for over an hour for a pick and to leave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.