Wiki Posts
Search

Driving between Bathurst and Quebec City

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, PC PLT, SPG GLD
Driving between Bathurst and Quebec City

Hi- is anyone familiar with the roads between Bathurst and Quebec City this time of the year?
Google Maps first option is to 180, 17, 2, 85,20 but I read 180 is about 120km in the woods and no gas stations between South Tetagouche and San Quentin? We would love to see fall foliage but was wondering if this would be a safe route. Another option seems to be to go all the way to Campbelton, would the roads be better?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:31 pm

Short term pain for long term gain. Just make sure you gas up and pee first. Highway 2 is where you want to be and 180 to 17 is the fastest way there. Going to Campbellton isn't going to give you any better roads and is a long way out of the way.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
180 takes you past Mt. Carleton, the highest peak in NB. Enjoy the drive.
--
13F
Old Oct 15, 2014, 5:40 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
In fact, mapquest shows 2 routes - via Highway 11 (Amqui) and the Trans Canada Highway (Edmundston). There pretty much equidistant.
I would opt for 11 since the road from Edmunston-Riviere du Loup is under const'n.
Bear in mind that the route from Riviere du Loup to Quebec City is all 4-lane highway. So its the first bit that is more tricky. I don't recommend driving it at night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.