Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YVR Intl to US Preclearance

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:54 am
Original Poster

YVR Intl to US Preclearance

Arriving into YVR around 2 pm on Sunday connecting to the US. Is the airside route preferable or should I clear CBSA and use the main entrance? How bad are the lines at either location on a Sunday afternoon?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:56 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
If you use airside, its a small CATSA security area and there are no NEXUS or GE machines. If you go outside and come in from that area, there are more CATSA security people and you have access to NEXUS & GE.

Never mind, you said International to US and I read Domestic to US! Sorry
Old Aug 11, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
You could always go to the top of the escalators to see how bad the lines are for entry into Canada before deciding on airside transfer?

Only flight I am aware of that get in that early at the LH flight from FRA and maybe the KL flight from AMS that arrives a bit later.

One assumes your airline of arrival is eligible for the airside transfer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.