Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

cheap Montreal hotel for stopover?

Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: no status

I will have a 17h stopover at YUL so will probably need a hotel for the night. AirCanada Stopovers cheapest option is at $94, but I am wondering if there is anything lower than that with shuttle service. Would also consider using Priceline as long as there is reasonable chance to have shuttle service included.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:21 pm
B1

I'd go into the city using the 747 bus and stay somewhere nice. The airport is really nowhere. There are lots of deals around. Expedia.ca's secret deals have been better for me than any other. Choose one of the downtown zones.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:07 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
It's been a few years, but Pricelined an airport hotel for a very good rate. Don't recall if it had a shuttle, as it was my last night (very early flight in a.m.) and had a rental car.

You may want to check out another forum for info on Priceline - perhaps online travel agencies IIRC.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Montreal is not that cheap a place. Why do you want to go downtown? You are going to pay more, and 17 H doesn't give you much time to look around. Check the rate of the day for the Sheraton Montreal Airport at:
http://www.spghotescapes.com/search/montreal
Then see if you can beat it on PriceLine!
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Well it will be in September so weather may still be decent and after a long flight Walking around the central area for a couple of hours may be fun, like the old city and the mont. Haven't been there in maybe 2 or 3 years.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 10:23 am
Original Poster

So if I stay near the airport in a hotel with shuttle service ... how difficult is it to get into the city and back in the evening with public transportation e.g. subway or bus?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
see post # 2 above

Your best option is the 747 bus (see post # 2 above). I don't know its frequency but it will be easy enough to find on the Montreal public transit WEB site!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

So trying to figure out best option. It is likely that they will not take my luggage after I went through customs, and I certainly do not want to haul that on the express bus. So I guess I could drop luggage at storage and pay the $15 or whatever and take express bus downtown where hotels seem to be around $100. Or I take an airport hotel with shuttle which may be cheaper and leave luggage there, take shuttle back to airport and then express bus for an evening downtown, and then bus and shuttle back to hotel. Option 2 seems to be cheaper ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.