9 hours in YYZ, is Niagara possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9 hours in YYZ, is Niagara possible?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Skink
Would 7 hours and 55 minutes on a Saturday at the end of August work? I have Hertz gold which usually seems to help make the rental car pickup and drop off go quicker.
It turns out the last Saturday in August is the start of Labor Day weekend. Really slow moving traffic on the highways between YYZ and Niagara. I made it over halfway there and had a thought that if the traffic turns bad for the return I might miss my flight. I also started to fall asleep while driving so pulled over for my first Tim Horton's visit.

Returned to YYZ without making it to Niagara. However, had a pleasant surprise when I was looking for a gas station close to the airport. I heard a very different sounding jet above me and looked up to see (what I think was) a CF-18 Hornet. Turns out an air show started that day.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those who want to do this sort of trip, but are worried about the traffic, instead of taking the 401-403-QEW, you can also take the 407 toll road to Hamilton, and rejoin the QEW there, this missing most of the bad traffic around the GTA. It will cost you a few dollars, but is not prohibitive. I have never seen heavy / congested traffic on this stretch of the 407.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by emma69
For those who want to do this sort of trip, but are worried about the traffic, instead of taking the 401-403-QEW, you can also take the 407 toll road to Hamilton, and rejoin the QEW there, this missing most of the bad traffic around the GTA. It will cost you a few dollars, but is not prohibitive. I have never seen heavy / congested traffic on this stretch of the 407.
407 is great from North end of Toronto all the way to the Burlington Skyway.

The only issue is the toll chargeback and admin cost that most rental agency charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.