FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canada-462/)
-   -   AMEX holders get FastTrack at YYZ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canada/1359903-amex-holders-get-fasttrack-yyz.html)

mwarrior Jun 24, 2012 5:35 am

AMEX holders get FastTrack at YYZ

Came across this the other day, haven't seen it discussed or mentioned here (or I didn't look in the right forum):
http://www.thestar.com/business/arti...track-security

Fast-track security priority lanes will be available in terminals 1 and 3 depending on the type of AMEX cards held as part of benefits to be rolled out by the end of this year.

Other benefits include complimentary valet services, a 15 per cent express and daily parking discount and designated taxi and limousine lines.

Access to premium lounges, including Air Canada Maple Leaf lounges, will continue for holders of premium American Express cards.

FlyingDoctorwu Jun 24, 2012 6:38 am

Originally Posted by mwarrior (Post 18810780)
Fast-track security priority lanes will be available in terminals 1 and 3 depending on the type of AMEX cards held as part of benefits to be rolled out by the end of this year.

This is a crucial part... I just cruised through YYZ and saw an priority line for amex customers... I think it was for Plat/CEnt and Aeroplan Plat only....

FDW

mwarrior Jun 24, 2012 6:44 am

Looks like you're right. Plat/Aeroplan Plat (and of course Cent) only:

http://www.americanexpress.com/canad...inum-card#sub2

9. Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers with a valid American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card or The Platinum CardŽ are entitled to access the Pearson Priority Security Lanes ("Priority Lane") during peak airport operating hours. The Priority Lanes are serviced by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority and will be available to eligible Cardmembers. Priority Lanes are located at select departure areas for domestic, transborder, and international flights departing from Terminal 1 at Toronto Pearson International Airport. Access to a Priority Lane is available to eligible Cardmembers departing from Terminal 1 and companions travelling on the same itinerary upon the presentation of a valid, unexpired eligible Card. The name on the Card must match the name on the boarding pass. All passengers departing Pearson International Airport, including those accessing the Priority Lane are required to comply with airport security and customs screening requirements. Priority Lane access is subject to change or cancellation at any time and additional terms and conditions apply.

Pseudo Nim Jul 10, 2012 7:21 am

Anyone know how strict they are on the "same itinerary" part?

mwarrior Jul 10, 2012 7:25 am

They usually don't verify. By "how strict" do you mean same airline/flight or do you mean totally separate?
I've gone to priority check-in numerous times with my mom, me being either Silver or Gold and her having no status, no problem. Oh and we were on different flights with the same airline.
In terms of security, I did go through I believe it was ATL with somebody that wasn't on the same itinerary. Get to security, "they're with me", and no problems. How they'll deal with it in Canada I'm not sure, but again if the flight is the same, I'm sure they won't start looking at confirmation numbers.

Ocn Vw 1K Jul 10, 2012 7:28 am

Please follow as the thread moves to the Destinations->Canada forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

Pseudo Nim Jul 10, 2012 7:28 am

Originally Posted by mwarrior (Post 18902137)
They usually don't verify. By "how strict" do you mean same airline/flight or do you mean totally separate?
I've gone to priority check-in numerous times with my mom, me being either Silver or Gold and her having no status, no problem. Oh and we were on different flights with the same airline.
In terms of security, I did go through I believe it was ATL with somebody that wasn't on the same itinerary. Get to security, "they're with me", and no problems. How they'll deal with it in Canada I'm not sure, but again if the flight is the same, I'm sure they won't start looking at confirmation numbers.

Oops, I meant NOT same flight. We're on the same airline, but different departure/destinations. In YUL, they are super loose with the VIP line - not sure how YYZ is.

Antonio8069 Jul 11, 2012 7:52 am

is this really a big deal?

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu (Post 18810942)
This is a crucial part... I just cruised through YYZ and saw an priority line for amex customers... I think it was for Plat/CEnt and Aeroplan Plat only....

FDW

YYZ already has priority security lanes for NEXUS & AP G*. Is this "new" lane faster? Or is it the same lane?

annesdaughter Aug 2, 2012 8:07 pm

Thanks OP - good to know!

saranyc Jan 4, 2013 6:25 pm

Do you just show them your plat card? Do the people checking know this rule or are you likely to be denied?

mwarrior Jan 6, 2013 12:09 pm

The line actually says Amex, so the people there are trained to look for Amex cards that match the cards on the poster beside the line. If you're eligible, shouldn't be a problem going through.

saranyc Jan 7, 2013 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by mwarrior (Post 19987874)
The line actually says Amex, so the people there are trained to look for Amex cards that match the cards on the poster beside the line. If you're eligible, shouldn't be a problem going through.

Great, thanks!