Wiki Posts
Search

Any cool events in Toronto April/May?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Any cool events in Toronto April/May?

I'm fed up with my job and everthing and need a few days to recharge in a civilized place with good Indian food, so I'm planning to head up to Toronto for a few days in the spring. Anyone know if there are any cool events going on the last week of April or the first couple of weeks of May? Film/book festivals, competitive road races, restaurant week, Danforth street festivals.... anything like that?

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:02 pm

YYZ MiniDO is either apr 12-13 or 19-20
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
YYZ MiniDO is either apr 12-13 or 19-20
Damn... push it back a a week or two? I have a friend from Ottawa coming in the first week, and I'll be in Rio the second!

I actually would love to do one of those things!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
If you go to www.Toronto.ca and click on "Visiting Toronto", you can find a calendar of festivals and events. As well, if you're staying in a hotel, try emailing the concierge before you arrive.

You're out of luck on road races (the Toronto Indy is July 6 - 8, 2012), Summerlicious (restaurant week) is July 6 to July 22, 2012 and most street festivals don't start until June.

However, from the calendar, I see that the Hot Docs film festival is April 26 to May 6, 2012 and the CONTACT photography festival is May 1 to May 31, 2012.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Red face Hot Docs 2012

As a film buff, you will be interested in checking out Hot Docs, one of the largest and best documentary film festivals in the world, on April 27-May 6:
http://www.hotdocs.ca/
Most of the screenings are in the Bloor/Avenue Road area. What's new this year is the old Bloor Cinema @ Bathurst has been completely renovated and converted for the 10-day fest.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
As a film buff, you will be interested in checking out Hot Docs, one of the largest and best documentary film festivals in the world, on April 27-May 6:
http://www.hotdocs.ca/
Most of the screenings are in the Bloor/Avenue Road area. What's new this year is the old Bloor Cinema @ Bathurst has been completely renovated and converted for the 10-day fest.
Thanks! That's exactly what I was hoping for! For some reason, my (admittedly cursory) look at local events didn't turn that one up.

Funnily enough, I was just thinking that I've never actually seen a movie there, and how I wanted to. And I'll be there for part of the festival's run, so this is perfect.

Now I'm happy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.