YYZ TTC trip report on the 58 Malton

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ TTC trip report on the 58 Malton

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: Nada :(
If youre flying in and out of yyz you're not poor, just take a taxi, jesus taking the public transit is so terrible and the taxis are capped regional cost...
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by kfennell
If youre flying in and out of yyz you're not poor, just take a taxi, jesus taking the public transit is so terrible and the taxis are capped regional cost...
When you look at overall flying demographic YYZ is the lowest followed by YTZ. The highest would be YKZ, looking at the parking lot.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Back in my younger (and cheaper) days I lived in Glen Park and would occasionally take the 58 to YYZ for a flight. Did it maybe 3 times, but it's an experience for sure.

Thanks for the nostalgia.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: Non-Rev Lifetime
Originally Posted by B1
PWT (Airport Express) had the franchise to run from York Mills and Yorkdale to YYZ under the same terms as their downtown service. The fare was about about the same as going to downtown and ran frequently. I think that the TTC ran it as Gray Coach before that. When PWT abandoned the route GO took over the rights but did not provide the level of service. I believe that the GTAA gives GO a subsidy (or at least they used to). From http://transit.toronto.on.ca/subway/5105.shtml "York Mills station also became the site of a GO Transit/Gray Coach bus terminal, serving bus routes running east and west via the 401 as well as an express bus to Pearson Airport. Gray Coach would eventually become Greyhound, and its service to York Mills station evaporated (with the Airport Express disappearing in the year 2000, with the company upset at the TTC’s competition with the service)." That's the route that was run for a while by PWT. Anyway, GO does the absolute minimal service on what should be a well-used run with the Malton 58 as very poor alternative.
It was the TTC Kipling Rocket 192 that killed the York Mills service. The demand for a direct bus to York Mills/Yorkdale just isn't there.

Go Transit has a winner with their Richmond Hill -YYZ service tho'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.