Wiki Posts
Search

Itinerary help in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
Itinerary help in Vancouver

I will be in Vancouver for the 1st time, Aug 28th-Sep 4th. Looking for any suggestions as to places to visit and things to do. And please don't forget the food suggestions, to be quite honest eating is my favorite thing to do when I travel.

Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Do a search. Lots of recs here. It'd also help if you give us an idea of what you like to do and eat.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Plenty of threads regarding restaurants, activities, transportation within YVR etc. here on FT...

Make sure to visit Coal Harbour, Stanley Park, Robson Street, also plenty of art/museums/concerts/bars/clubs depending on what you like.

YVR is one of my favourite cities - you´ll definitely enjoy it!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Do a search. Lots of recs here. It'd also help if you give us an idea of what you like to do and eat.
Great suggestion, will do!

As far as food, locally owned and delicious, other than that I am easy.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by bighairyarab
As far as food, locally owned and delicious, other than that I am easy.
What kind of cuisine and what budget? Lots to choose from with budgets varying. We can certainly steer you away from chains (or at least non-local chains).

Going by your moniker, I don't think there are any arabic restaurants in town, despite a large-ish Chaldean (and other Iraqi) population. Iranian food, if you seek it, should be readly available in North Van (don't go there so not sure what there is).
Old Aug 15, 2011, 8:50 pm

Love Vancouver, but my planning for more time there has really been bad. Did go to an Indian movie in Strawberry Hill Grand in Surrey this time. And cruised Scott Street which is one of the main Indian locations in the metro. But that's so short of what I'd have liked to do. Never did see any sign of a Sikh gang in Abbotsford, even though my niece has told me they exist. Thought I'd see a bunch of teenagers in turbans on a street corner. Oh, well, can't do everything in one go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.