Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Terminal 1 US Customs Pre-clearance time?

Terminal 1 US Customs Pre-clearance time?

Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
85 minutes connect time is usually sufficient to even get me some AC lounge time -- even with the long walks.

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Does AC handle baggage clearance relatively fast on INTL to USA connections in YYZ and do J passengers' bags generally get priority?
In my experience, it seems to work that way. But rather often, I've had to wait thirty or so minutes before my abbreviated name comes up on the screen and allows me to proceed to CBP pre-clearance and the security screening checkpoint.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
85 minutes connect time is usually sufficient to even get me some AC lounge time -- even with the long walks.

In my experience, it seems to work that way. But rather often, I've had to wait thirty or so minutes before my abbreviated name comes up on the screen and allows me to proceed to CBP pre-clearance and the security screening checkpoint.
Thanks for the insight. My concern isn't so much about the hour and a half connect time but that it seems to often be much less. Today's expected arrival of AC 857 is showing about 30 minutes behind (15:19).
Old May 19, 2015, 8:50 am

Hi,
we are arriving at a Sunday at 02:20 pm with AC from Munich and leaving to Fort Myers ( USA) at 05:05 pm with AC 1234. If important flights are in Business Class 1 Ticket.
We are traveling under Esta no GE.
Will be the 2:20 hour time for connecting enough?
Thank you.

Last edited by themrock; May 19, 2015 at 8:58 am
Old May 19, 2015, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by themrock
Hi,
we are arriving at a Sunday at 02:20 pm with AC from Munich and leaving to Fort Myers ( USA) at 05:05 pm with AC 1234. If important flights are in Business Class 1 Ticket.
We are traveling under Esta no GE.
Will be the 2:20 hour time for connecting enough?
Thank you.
Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.