Reload this Page >

YUL-747 express bus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Operated by Montréal's transit agency (Société de transport de Montréal, or STM), the 747 Express Bus runs between Trudeau Airport (YUL) and two alternative destinations:
  • Long route: to Gare d'Autocars. This route serves downtown, Chinatown, and the Latin Quarter, with numerous stops along Boulevard René-Lévesque between Rue Guy and Rue Berri. In addition, Vieux Montréal lies a short walk to the south of several stops.
  • Short route: a single stop at Lionel-Groulx métro station.
Route map

Fares/Passes

The least expensive fare option is a $11 pass (fares starting July 1, 2023). After you exit the bus, keep your pass; it is valid in zone A (Montreal) on any STM bus or métro line for 24 hours from the time it is first swiped.

Holders of the following STM passes may ride the 747 bus free of charge:
  • 24 hours zone A (i.e., the $11 option noted above)*
  • 3-day zone A*
  • weekly zone A
  • monthly zone A*
  • 4-month zone A
  • 24-hr, 3-day, or monthly bus-only
  • unlimited weekend
*Or equivalent pass for zones AB, ABC, or ABCD

There is an additional option that applies only to travel to the airport. See the next section.

How/Where to Purchase Passes

Passes may be purchased
  • on board the bus. Note: Exact change (coins only) is required.
  • from vending machines in the YUL international arrivals area (outside of security). Machines accept debit cards, VISA, MasterCard, and cash. There is an ATM nearby.
  • in all métro stations.
  • at the Gare d'Autocars de Montréal ticket counter.
In addition, only for travel to the airport, you may purchase a $11 single-use ticket from one of 12 designated Agence de mobilité parking pay stations, located near line 747 bus stops. This incudes a parking pay station located in front of the departure point at the Gare d'Autocars de Montréal. Special rules apply:
  • A ticket purchased through a parking pay station is valid only going to the airport, and only for a two-hour period after purchase.
  • The pay stations accept payment (including Canadian-issued credit cards) for 747 bus tickets 24/7.

Service Schedules

The 747 bus operates 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. Depending on traffic conditions, the long route takes from 45 to 60 minutes end to end.

Buses run every 5-16 minutes from 7:30am to midnight, with reduced service overnight and on holidays. Arrival schedules for individual stops may be found on the STM website:
Tips for a Successful Trip

The 747 bus departs YUL from door 28 directly in front of the international arrivals area. From the STM vending machines mentioned above, walk straight outside to the curb.

The westbound departure point is platform 15 in Gare d'Autocars.

Drivers do not always announce approaching stops, and do not stop absent a request. Travelers unfamiliar with the city should watch closely to avoid missing their stop. Signal your request by pulling the overhead cord or pressing a button on one of the vertical poles.

Note that the east- and westbound routes are not symmetrical. Some stops exist in only one direction, so your pickup location for returning to the airport will not necessarily be across the street from where you exited the bus from the airport.

All buses and stops are accessible.

Further Information

For additional details, see the 747 bus homepage on the STM website.

Print Wikipost

YUL-747 express bus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
YUL-747 express bus

http://stm.info/English/info/a-747.htm

$7-includes 24 hour metro pass.
This goes from the airport to the transit center near UQAM.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 5:21 pm
B1

It's also in a banner ad on this page! It states that you can also simply pay the usual bus fare.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Gold, DL FO, HH Diamond
This is GREAT news...I'll be in Montreal in mid-May sans rental car, and I've been evaluating my public transit options (211 bus to Lionel Groulx STM station seemed to be the best compromise, and not a great one) vs. a taxi downtown. This new service now solves the problem (of course I'll first have to stop at an ATM to get some Canadian cash, and then a newsstand to make some change...but I'd probably be doing that anyway).

Thanks for the post!
Old Apr 4, 2010, 8:22 pm

Programs: AC SE, Fairmont Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by B1
It's also in a banner ad on this page! It states that you can also simply pay the usual bus fare.
Using firefox I never realized there were banner ads. I had to open up IE to see what you were speaking of.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by B1
In the PDF it says that only certain tickets are accepted - the usual bus fare is not mentioned.
http://stm.info/English/info/a-747.pdf

Since the 1-Day-Pass is 7$ as well, this seems to be the minimum fare.

For a single ride it's not cheap, but still good news for me since I'll have to make a quick connection from the airport to the railway station in June.

TNX 4 the info!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by drat19
(of course I'll first have to stop at an ATM to get some Canadian cash, and then a newsstand to make some change...but I'd probably be doing that anyway).
No need to make change.

When you exit the customs area you'll find an RBC ATM immediately on your right, and right next to it is the currency exchange, where you can buy a ticket using one of the crisp new twenties the ATM will spit out at you.

Enjoy your trip to my fair city.

Cheers
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by ls17031
No need to make change.

When you exit the customs area you'll find an RBC ATM immediately on your right, and right next to it is the currency exchange, where you can buy a ticket using one of the crisp new twenties the ATM will spit out at you.

Enjoy your trip to my fair city.

Cheers
Perfect, thanks. And I've also read some articles I found on-line in the past week or two about all the new signage encouraging the new bus service, and the fare options (I'm planning on doing the $7 initial fare/one-day unltd., and then the next day picking up a $14 3-day unltd. to complete my transit needs for my 4-day visit).

This is great.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by drat19
Perfect, thanks. And I've also read some articles I found on-line in the past week or two about all the new signage encouraging the new bus service, and the fare options (I'm planning on doing the $7 initial fare/one-day unltd., and then the next day picking up a $14 3-day unltd. to complete my transit needs for my 4-day visit).

This is great.
spent the weekend in montreal last weekend and the bus was very convenient. it was great that the bus fare also allowed us to use the subway for 24 hours. one issue was that the drivers don't make stops unless requested. that's fine for a normal bus, but not for a bus that is mostly carrying tourists who are unfamiliar with the city. that led to some confused/frustrated riders. apart from that the service was great!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by sweeper25
spent the weekend in montreal last weekend and the bus was very convenient. it was great that the bus fare also allowed us to use the subway for 24 hours. one issue was that the drivers don't make stops unless requested. that's fine for a normal bus, but not for a bus that is mostly carrying tourists who are unfamiliar with the city. that led to some confused/frustrated riders. apart from that the service was great!
Definitely pays to do the homework ahead of time...I already know at which stop I need to disembark to reach my hotel. I can see where that would be a problem for folks who aren't aware of this service ahead of time and only decide to use it spur-of-the-moment once they've arrived at YUL.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 4:12 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Careful using this bus on a Sunday... With an hourly schedule and on a popular travel day, it gets packed... The bus this afternoon just passed up a bunch of people at (or near) the Lionel station. Don't know what their fate was today... Maybe they rounded up another bus? But even if you're boarding downtown (before the Lionel station on the way to YUL), I'd recommend getting on toward the beginning of the route or maybe halfway into the downtown portion of the route.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 1:34 am

Thanks for this information- I may be in Montreal in a couple months and have never flown in- was wondering about transportation from the airport. I can't wait for my visit- been about 3-4 years and I used to go 2-3 times a year! Any changes since that time I should be aware of?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:50 am

Programs: BA, bmi, USAir, Aeroplan, AirBerlin, Marriott, SolMeliaMas, BAAWorldpoints
Originally Posted by kukukajoo
Thanks for this information- I may be in Montreal in a couple months and have never flown in- was wondering about transportation from the airport. I can't wait for my visit- been about 3-4 years and I used to go 2-3 times a year! Any changes since that time I should be aware of?
Isn't Gare Windsor (the West Island, Hudson etc. commuter rail station) now known as Lucien L'Allier?
Old May 16, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
I took the bus on a Monday, coming from the airport everyone had a seat and it was a fairly comfortable ride. Coming back, it was packed so I had to stand the whole way (~40 minutes). It was a warm day in Montreal so in addition the bus was hot. Not fun. Wish I had taken Via Rail back to Dorval instead, oh well.

Isn't Gare Windsor (the West Island, Hudson etc. commuter rail station) now known as Lucien L'Allier?
Whats left of Gare Windsor doesn't function as a train station anymore. The newly built station which has commuter rail out of it is Lucien L'Allier.
Old May 25, 2010, 8:46 am

I was in Montreal last week and I can heartily recommend the 747 Express Bus...definitely the best and most cost-effective way to get to/from the Airport. And I didn't have any trouble getting a seat on the return trip to the Airport but I did board at about 12 Noon, at Jeanne Mance (only about 3 stops in)....but I can definitely see how others have reported possibly having to stand if it's a busier time of day and/or getting on later in the route.

I would also strongly recommend doing your homework ahead of time as to where to disembark if it's your first time visiting the city...the drivers don't always announce each stop, although I think they will do so if you ask ahead of time when you board.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I also used the 747 service last week.
It was great=and dropped me right by my hotel(Le Centre Sheraton) in a very timely manner.
I think it might prove to be too popular however as I heard reports of long lines during the Memorial Day weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.