Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toronto Pearson Lounge (a Plaza Premium Lounge) Review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2010, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Toronto Pearson Lounge (a Plaza Premium Lounge) Review

Is there a lounge review area, section, thread about here somewhere? Nothing obvious jumped out at me, so here we go.

Toronto Pearson Lounge (a Plaza Premium Lounge) . . .

The reception is helpful and patient. I had a problem with my passcard that I was able to resolve given a bit of time, a bit of indulgence, and a little assistance. Thank you for that.

The lounge feels very spacious. There are walls, some of them glass, but no ceiling per se. Rather one has the roof of Terminal 1 over one's head, perhaps 30 ft. up. The theme is grey, but not depressing. Either they have radically redecorated or moved since my visit a year ago (moved I think).

The food was less good this time, which is not to say that it was bad. The chicken curry was acceptable, but very far from memorable. The oriental linguine was less inspired still. The salad was fresh. The carrots were crisp. The red wine, from Niagara, should be dumped over the falls, but that would be pollution of the environment, non? I haven't tried the white yet. There are six bottles of the hard stuff, of expected type and manufacturer. I am not sure about beer. The lounge is very far from full, indeed it keeps threatening to empty out entirely, only to have a couple trickle in. Germans and Italians mainly. The wifi works well. There are three or so computers, and an equal number of cubicals with ethernet ports. There are a couple of televisions that you can more or less hide from. The chairs are comfortable, not apt to sleeping, but far, far better than in the concours below. It seems to be clean and well maintained by the staff on the whole. Although the disagreeable red wine was not replaced until someone had the mistake of asking that a new bottle replace the empty one. It beats the Priority Pass lounge in Barcelona, by virtue of the hot food, and trounces that in Tenerife North, unless a good wine excuses all other faults. So replace the red with something at least drinkable, and it would get four out of five stars.

:-::-::-:
Old Jan 15, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question YYZ Plaza Premium lounges

There are 3 PP lounges in YYZ (T1 domestic, T1 transborder & T3). I visit them regularly and thought I would add some more recent experience!

The lounge described above in this thread sounds like the more spacioius one in T1 domestic. (Ironically, access is via the same elevator for the AC MLL, just one level below). It was very busy this evening, and tends to be more so @ meal times. Probably because they have better food than MLL (typically a pasta dish, rice, a chicken stir fry, salad & 2 kinds of soup). Breakfasts are more spartan, but usually include sausage and eggs, toast, and specialty coffees.

There is a quiet area, 5 computers, 2 printers, & a local phone! Also, this is now the only lounge in T1 where I can find a Toronto Star!

The PP lounge in T3 is located between the domestic and int'l gates (near Gate 26). Very convenient for WS gates. Ironically, it's on the same site as the old Candian Airlines lounge! 3 computers, 1 printer, no local phone and a lot less space.

And now I have a ? The PP lounge in T1 frequently has AC pilots and crew as guests, whereas I have never seen any WS crew in the one in T3. Why is this? I don't get it.
Old May 12, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Thumbs up

Review about YYZ T3 Domestic Plaza Premium Lounge.

Spend $30 and three hours in there. Was worth it. Full hot breakfast buffet with many extras, followed by hot lunch buffet. Tons of food - cookies, creampuffs, muffins, fruit, toast, sauces, juices, water, beverages and alcohol always for the taking.

Computer lounge is available.

Comapred with Air Canada's Maple Leafe lounges, Plaza has fewer reading materials (papers, magazines). Having visited both lounges, I'd say each is an equally enjoyable place in which to while away a few hours. Plaza has more of a food based focus.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:32 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I frequently choose the Plaza Premium lounges over the AC lounges at YYZ, for their better food offerings. I was at the YYZ Transborder last week... and was surprised at how significantly it had degraded.

There had been general wear and tear in it for the past few months, but last week it looked like someone had scraped a knife over every one of the leather chairs. They were all streaked with areas with the leather has been removed and is flaky, and I felt that if I sat on them I'd be covered in bits and pieces of them when I stood up.

The fabric chairs are fine, but I was shocked they had degraded into that appearance.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Tangoer
Review about YYZ T3 Domestic Plaza Premium Lounge.

Spend $30 and three hours in there. Was worth it. Full hot breakfast buffet with many extras, followed by hot lunch buffet. Tons of food - cookies, creampuffs, muffins, fruit, toast, sauces, juices, water, beverages and alcohol always for the taking.

Computer lounge is available.

Comapred with Air Canada's Maple Leafe lounges, Plaza has fewer reading materials (papers, magazines). Having visited both lounges, I'd say each is an equally enjoyable place in which to while away a few hours. Plaza has more of a food based focus.
but in the PP lounge, I have seen Japanese/Korean newspapers (as well as mingpao) at least in YVR, if that is important to you.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Absolute
I frequently choose the Plaza Premium lounges over the AC lounges at YYZ, for their better food offerings. I was at the YYZ Transborder last week... and was surprised at how significantly it had degraded.

There had been general wear and tear in it for the past few months, but last week it looked like someone had scraped a knife over every one of the leather chairs. They were all streaked with areas with the leather has been removed and is flaky, and I felt that if I sat on them I'd be covered in bits and pieces of them when I stood up.

The fabric chairs are fine, but I was shocked they had degraded into that appearance.
but the booze is much better in the MLL (i.e. harp/guinness is available.)
Old Aug 22, 2015, 7:17 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
but the booze is much better in the MLL (i.e. harp/guinness is available.)
Absolutely - although I find the food is much better in the PP. Especially compared to the TB MLL, which has the worst food out of all three. I usually go into the PP to eat, then head over to the MLL to drink and relax.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:26 pm

I have both UA Premier Gold and a Priority Pass membership so I've visited both the MLL and PP lounges at Pearson on numerous occasions. While I usually visit the PP lounge at T3 due to WestJet, I've also visited a the US Transborder and International ones at T1.

In my opinion, the quality of food at PP just edges out the MLL. However, I prefer the self-serve 3/4 on-tap beers at the MLL lounge more. In my experience, the PP lounges are often less crowded, but the staff at the MLL lounges are more professional.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:15 pm

Breakfast in the Lounge

What food does the lounge offer for breakfast?

Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:30 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by back seat
What food does the lounge offer for breakfast
It can vary, but usually scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, and 1-2 other hot items.

They also have the makings for oatmeal, individually wrapped slices of bread to toast (due to security restrictions, I imagine), etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.