Eating in Palm Springs Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Eating in Palm Springs Airport

Hi,

Just wondering what the food is like at PSP? I have a 3.30pm flight but a return time on the rental car of 1pm.

I could extend the rental for another day but if the food in the airport is passable and not too extortionately priced then the best solution would seem to be to have lunch there...

TIA

Tony
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Hi,

Just wondering what the food is like at PSP? I have a 3.30pm flight but a return time on the rental car of 1pm.

I could extend the rental for another day but if the food in the airport is passable and not too extortionately priced then the best solution would seem to be to have lunch there...

TIA

Tony
There is a Fatburger (drool) at the corner of Ramon and the street where the rental car return/terminal is. Unfortunately this time of year, the walk is a bit hot...
Old Jun 18, 2009, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Well, for what it's worth and future reference, the Celebrity Bistro (landside) does a competent enough burger. Choices airside are somewhat limited.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 8:43 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
My dad and his friend used to fly over to Palm Springs Airport on Sunday afternoons from San Diego to get a cup of coffee and a piece of pie at the coffee shop. Other Sundays they would fly over to Catalina to have a buffalo burger.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 5:20 pm

The poverbial "100 Dollar Burger". There's even a namesake website for airport burger places. My favorite was Meadowlark Airport in Huntington Beach http://www.l16.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.