Wiki Posts
Search

San Diego Transfer Int'l > Dom

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; VS Silver; EK Silver
San Diego Transfer Int'l > Dom

I'm flying BA LHR-SAN on 19 July and had played to stay over the weekend before heading up to San Fran.

However... turns out poor planning on my part. It's comic-con and although that would be fun it seems like the entire city is booked out.

Instead was planning to head straight up to SFO... BA flight scheduled to land a 1835, how long will I need to clear immigration, claim bags, clear customs and check in / check bags for dom flight?

Can't check bags through direct since flights on separate bookings.

Is this advisable or even possible?!

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: IC RA
Looking at the schedule, the last flight to SFO on the 19th is at 8:30PM on UA. You don't mention where you are sitting on the flight. If you are in Club World then I believe you will make it assuming there is no delay on your LHR-SAN leg. Sitting further back on the plane will begin to complicate things. You should be the only flight in the arrivals hall at that time. A majority of the flight tends to be foreign nationals. That, along with the relative small size of Paspport Control means the queue backs up quickly. I'm assuming you are not traveling on a US PP.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; VS Silver; EK Silver
Thanks for the reply -- really helpful! I'm in WT+ and on a UK PP... Managed to get somewhere to stay for a couple of days and an AA flight up to SFO (via LAX) on the Sunday.

Now to explore San Diego.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
One thing to add, even though you booked them separately, BA should be able to check your back all the way through to SFO on AA if you provide them your itin at LHR.

But enjoy SD. I'm particularly fond of Coronado, Point Loma, and Balboa Park.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Don't know whether you'll check FT upon landing, but just in case, a few more suggestions:
Old town-history, culture, food
Racing at the Del Mar race track-think its on now
Harbour cruise-views, scenery
Mission Bay-activity, water sports
Zoo and/or Wild Animal Park-not the old fashioned, animal-in-a-tiny-cage type

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.