Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California
Reload this Page >

Can we do all three parks?

Can we do all three parks?

Old May 13, 2016, 3:25 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
If I had to skip anything, I'd start by skipping the Kings Canyon part of Sequoia/Kings Canyon. It's much more of a park for backpackers and hikers than for automotive tourists.

If it were a first time and maybe only time trip, I'd focus on Yosemite and maybe throw in Sequoia for a day or two max. ...
As a local who is pretty familiar with everything in the central Sierra, I'd have to agree with this. There are some nice places to visit in KCNP for short or no hiking, including the General Grant Tree loop, the Boyden Cave tour and the Zumwalt Meadow nature trail in Cedar Grove but in general I would agree that the best is in the back country. Yosemite and Sequoia NP have much more for the auto tourist. On the other hand, they are much more crowded than KCNP so it balances out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.