Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anaheim convention center

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Anaheim convention center

I'll be at the Anaheim convention center for four days in September, but as I'm taking my wife, we would prefer to stay somewhere nicer, farther away from the Disneyland crowd. If we do this, is the convention center served by any sort of public transportation at all, or would I be relegated to driving every day? Can't seem to find that answer online. Wherever we stay, it will be on Hyatt points.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Okay, think I answered my own question - Hyatt Resort Huntington Beach, Uber back and forth to the convention center.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
I have never used Uber, however, something tells me that your plan could get pricey if you factor in surge pricing and traffic.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SWCPHX
I have never used Uber, however, something tells me that your plan could get pricey if you factor in surge pricing and traffic.
I don't really see any way around it given our preference not to stay closer in, and my desire not to drive. I saw online that the average for Uber for that drive was around $20-$25. If that holds, it will be worth it. I'm guessing that the convention center would probably charge for parking also, but I haven't looked.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SWCPHX
This was spot on. Uber with surge pricing made this a very expensive proposition. Probably will never be here again, but the only reasonable solution is to drive and park at the convention center or one of the surrounding hotels.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by VivoPerLei
This was spot on. Uber with surge pricing made this a very expensive proposition. Probably will never be here again, but the only reasonable solution is to drive and park at the convention center or one of the surrounding hotels.
Usually if you wait a few minutes the surge pricing ends and goes back to normal. I've never had an issue with this, and have waited at most 15 minutes for the surge to stop.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
If you ever come back, there is an Anaheim Resort Transportation bus available: http://rideart.org/
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ralphs
If you ever come back, there is an Anaheim Resort Transportation bus available: http://rideart.org/
That's not going to allow you to stay outside the resort area though.
If you need to be in the DL/convention area every day you really have two viable options, stay nearby, or drive a private car. The other alternatives are expensive (cab/uber) or inconvenient (public bus/Metrolink/ART)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.