Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California
Reload this Page >

Golfers traveling to San Jose late Sept?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Ok, this is a shameless plug, but it's for charity so I hope you'll be tolerant..

If you should happen to have plans to be in the San Jose area on Sept 29 and you're a golfer, I hope you'll consider joining us for the Bill Hewlett & Dave Packard Charity Golf Classic, benefiting the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. This is our 20th year; this year we're playing at one of the most spectacular golf courses in the Bay Area: the Golf Club at Boulder Ridge.

It's a great, fun day of golf, followed by a very nice sit-down dinner and a silent auction which also raises funds for our charity. (The auction includes some great stuff - like a ride for two on the Goodyear Blimp; sports memorabilia like a football signed just for us by the Oakland Raiders' quarterbacks; Hawaii golf vacations, etc.). Prizes will be awarded for winners of the golf tourney (4-player scramble, flighted) as well as contests like putting, chipping, longest drive, and a $6000 hole-in-one prize!

Registration deadline is Sept 8 so please visit www.billanddavegolf.com before then to register!

"Like" us on facebook for all the details..

thanks!!
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I'm not a golfer but I can tell you, from personal experience, that the Lucille Packard Children's Hospital is one of the great medical institutions in northern California. I have had two grandsons sent there from Santa Cruz with rather critical medical issues, and know several others as well, who have been treated remarkably well, both from a medical perspective and in a personal way. They deserve every bit of support the community can provide.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:48 am

I am not a golfer but my father-in-law is and I will be sure to pass it to him. Thanks a lot for posting it here. It's a great initiative!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Great course!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.