Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Diego area birthday ideas

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:37 am
Original Poster

San Diego area birthday ideas

Assistance please Will be in San Diego/ LA area for my birthday. Would like to do something different that would be unique to SoCal. Swimming with dolphins was considered but don't wish to engage the services of any questionable companies such as Sea-world. A helicopter ride is an option a day on the sauce in the Bay Area is another option but in reality I will be slumped in a chair, longing for a lie down after two or three beers. Driving the PCH and going to Vegas seem hard work. Catalina Island gets slated these days.
Any info would be welcome.
Cheers.

Last edited by John Kline; Jul 26, 2014 at 11:40 am
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
SAN is on my radar of places to visit. In particular I want to see HMS Surprise at the maritime museum.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Depends on the actual date and your taste in music, but a concert in the open air at Humphrey's Half Moon Inn could be ideal.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Not necessarily SoCal but an interesting experience.

Try a safari. Really enjoyed the caravan safari many many years ago. Got a kiss from a giraffe - literally, trying to feed it a carrot!
http://sdzsafaripark.org/safariticke...an_safari.html

The Roar and Snore safari looks interesting.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

As the sun has now risen over California, please continue this discussion in the California forum.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
http://sandiegofreeflight.com/jm170/

For those visiting San Diego - this is a worthwhile stop - even if you don't fly

Beautiful views, an excellent food stand and fascinating to watch the parasailers take off and fly.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Me and the lads went to San Diego for a weeken before hitting up Vegas...met this bird queuing up to go into a bar.....5 years later we are now married and living in San Fran!!

How long have you got in total for your trip? More then happy to make some recomendations...
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Take a lesson hang gliding at Torrey Pines.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses, all food for thought, basically in SD for 10 days. Would've loved to go on the behind the scenes tour of SD Airport but then aren't happening. Top level sporting events seem thin on the ground.
The camping at the zoo has my adrenalin flowing but a booze ban?? Surely one or two wouldn't threaten the tenants !!
A cheap flight to another city may be tempting.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
From downtown San Diego, take the boat and visit Hotel del Coronado. It's a unique historic icon that is said to be haunted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.