Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California
Reload this Page >

Downtown San Diego Parking

Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Kryptonium

I will have a rental car and will be staying at the Indigo in the Gaslamp Quarter in Feb. The hotel wants $39/night for parking. Way too much. Any suggestions on cheaper parking (I'm willing to park & walk 5 - 10 min).
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by rubesl
I will have a rental car and will be staying at the Indigo in the Gaslamp Quarter in Feb. The hotel wants $39/night for parking. Way too much. Any suggestions on cheaper parking (I'm willing to park & walk 5 - 10 min).
Probably cheaper options. Try this: http://sandiego.bestparking.com/

Maybe search for ABM, they have many of the lots.

Do you NEED a rental car? If you're staying in downtown or core SD area, you can probably get by on taxi and transit for the same/less cost.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rubesl
Free street parking between 6 PM and 8 AM and all day on Sundays (not terribly different than most U.S. cities).

There are also plenty of surface lots that are much more reasonable than $39/night. Even on a weekend when street parking is very tough to find, you should be able to find a surface lot for around $20.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to both posters for their help.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: None
The Parkade on 6th next to the Omni is $15 to $18 per night no in and out 24 hour gate cashier.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone, I left there today & had found an outdoor lot at 2nd & Island that was 7 blocks from the Indigo & was $16 for 24 hours (vs. $39 at the Indigo).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.