Wiki Posts
Search

Santa Barbara restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2002, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, HH, SPG
Santa Barbara restaurants

Two recommendations. Consistently excellent places to dine. Santa Barbara is about 2 hours north of Los Angeles.

Bouchon
9 West Victoria
Santa Barbara CA

Sage and Onion
Santa Barbara
Old Jan 8, 2005, 3:28 pm

Programs: NWA Plt,AA ExPlt,UA Pre,USAir Gld,*wood Plat, HIL Gld, Hyatt Gld, PriorityCl Plt, Marriot Silv
Santa Barbara Best Restaurants

Looking for a good suggestion for the best restaurant in Santa Barbara. Looking for something that has great service, great food, and good atmosphere.

thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2005, 12:29 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
You can get some good suggestions at this site -

http://www.santabarbara.com/dining
Old Jan 10, 2005, 3:28 pm

Chowhound

Search the chowhound web site, you'll find many informed recommendations

www.chowhound.com
Old Jan 10, 2005, 5:11 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
We had a lovely meal here a few years ago...

http://www.fourseasons.com/santabarb...ns/dining.html
Old Jan 26, 2005, 9:37 am

Programs: American Airlines
Four Seasons is excellent - with a nice view.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
My favorite special occasion restaurant is the Wine Cask. Amazing food and an equally amazing wine list. Its expensive but worth it.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
There is a long list of uppity yuppie-heaven restaurants in SB. Some of them might even be good.

But for the best food served by the staff with the best down-to-earth attitude with appropriate prices, EAT AT JOES!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:14 am

Programs: American, Delta, Southwest, USAirways, Hilton, Hyatt, Loews, Marriott, Starwood
Santa Barbara restaurants?

Going to be in Santa Barbara later this month and looking for restaurant suggestions for dinner -- no chains please!! Preferably nice atmosphere and great food at less than stratospheric prices. Suggestions anyone?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak
Originally Posted by degas1900
Going to be in Santa Barbara later this month and looking for restaurant suggestions for dinner -- no chains please!! Preferably nice atmosphere and great food at less than stratospheric prices. Suggestions anyone?
Nice place!!! lived there 1999-2002, So if they are still there:
(and yes they are, thanks internet)
Pascucci's italian - moderate prices, amazing Chicken Piccata

Galanga Thai Restaurant, also on State Street, a block from Pascucci's.

Another interesting place is the Elephant Bar restaurant in Goleta.. it is a HUGE place.

Also in Goleta, right next to the UCSB campus is the Beachside Bar-Cafe stunning views and okay food.. on a weekday you will bump into campus happy hour crowd too!

All of these are googleable and "sometimes" their websites have coupons etc if you sign up in time!! or printable! take advantage of those! Or there is Restaurant.com certs if those work..

Happy Visit!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: Skteam Alliance
We love Santa Barbara and go there several times a year, often just for dinner (we live about 1 hr away). I'm not sure what you consider the "stratosphere", but for very nice places with dinner costs around $150 for two people, we like Olio et Limone, a wonderful gourmet Italian place; Bouchon; and Downey's. All are in the upper State Street area in Santa Barbara.

Olio also has a great pizzeria next door, much more reasonable. We had some good Greek food lately at Petros, and at Opal - all upper State Street. Also Arts and Letters Cafe by the courthouse, had a great lunch there.

For very low cost and great Mexican food (think handmade tortillas and made to order steak tacos), La Super Rica on Milpas Street was frequented by Julia Child. The trick here is to have one person place the order while the other goes in the back to snag a table. This is not in downtown SB.

There are a lot of great restaurants in SB itself. Goleta is not actually in Santa Barbara, it's north, and I'm not familiar with it.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: AA, HH, UA, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Takemetoo

There are a lot of great restaurants in SB itself. Goleta is not actually in Santa Barbara, it's north, and I'm not familiar with it.
Yup I should have clarified, Goleta is not in Metro Santa barbara, but only 11 miles north and when I went to school at UCSB, we would easily drive down or catch the bus to hit up the night life in downtown SB aka State Street. Getting nostalgic now lol

Goleta is totally worth visiting, but more during sunshine time, not much in the evening as there is not much to do
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: American, Delta, Southwest, USAirways, Hilton, Hyatt, Loews, Marriott, Starwood
Thanks for the suggestions -- staying at the Bacara Resort, so driving anywhere is a given.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:19 pm

Quick Q: any thoughts on either Stella Mare's or Ballard Inn & Restaurant?
Old Oct 3, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Louie's Restaurant in the Hotel Upham.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.